I wonder why

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
I wonder why we don't see the Chinese trying to corner the wood market.
If you look on Ebay or Amazon the Chinese seem to sell everything known to man and also offer free postage on everything.
I know the Chinese government pays all of the postage so why not on the odd bit of wood?

I think they've pretty much cornered the market in bamboo though.

I know it's not technically a wood, but it's woody enough that people use it as such.

China's land is so intensively devoted to food production (and huge cities) that I suspect they might not be able to sustain a massive timber-based industry.

MusicMan":2xih9s50 said:
China's land is so intensively devoted to food production (and huge cities) that I suspect they might not be able to sustain a massive timber-based industry.

I only want a little bit :lol:

China have stripped every tree from Africa they can. They've flattened almost all of Mozambique, and they're doing the same to Zambia, Angola, Tanzania and so on. They strip national parks and protected forests, bribing officials, and laundering the proceeds through their own legitimate businesses all over the continent. They're an absolute disaster for African wildlife, and wildlife habitats. If ever there was a country you don't want involved in supplying timber it is China.

MikeG.":3kixpcq8 said:
China have stripped every tree from Africa they can. They've flattened almost all of Mozambique, and they're doing the same to Zambia, Angola, Tanzania and so on. They strip national parks and protected forests, bribing officials, and laundering the proceeds through their own legitimate businesses all over the continent. They're an absolute disaster for African wildlife, and wildlife habitats. If ever there was a country you don't want involved in supplying timber it is China.

I honestly did not know that, I feel foolish now :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back