Scheppach HD 15 Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St0ker

Reaction score
Looking seriously at getting one of these. They seem to be good value for money with a airflow of 2000cm/h for just over £300.
Any documentation that I have found so far does not state how effective the filtration is.
I would be interested in hearing anyone's views on this machine.
Many Thanks

Unfortunately my account does not have permission to post links but it can be easily found using Google.

Many thanks for your reply Mike.

Does the fine filter have much of an impact on airflow?. It also adds quite a bit of cost but as my objective is to reduce the amount of dust that covers everything in my garage workshop I would just have to accept that.

BTW how do I get permission to include links in a post?

The ability to add links to posts is linked to the number of posts you have made, I think it is 5 here but I'm sure a more knowledgeable member can confirm the exact number. Most forums have this requirement to help discourage spammers.

The fine filter does not seem to have any effect on the airflow due to being pleated paper it has much larger area than the bag units.

I think you have to make at least six posts and then permission to post links is automatic.

Mike

St0ker forgive me I did not welcome you to the Forum, have fun.

Mike

Hi Again Mike

As you have one of these machines perhaps you could help me with one particular question about the size of the hose.

140mm seems to be an odd size but when I do some calculations about the area I see that it is roughly twice the area of a 100mm tube.

I understand that altering the diameter of the tube effects the airflow so I was wondering if it would be possible/advisable to split the intake into two 100mm tubes without too much effect on airflow?

If you look on the Axminster machine the inlet is split into two 100mm ports from a 125mm outlet, they also give the m3/hr from the two inlets in the specification.

Mike

Thanks again Mike

I think I have misunderstood what you said earlier. I thought you had the Scheppach machine but now that I have reread your reply I see that you have the Axminster machine (I hope that's right!).

Only problem is the Axminster machine is out of stock at the moment. The spec looks good so I've registered with them to be notified when it comes back into stock.

Sometimes a particular store will have one in stock, may be worth giving your local store a call, or even the head office.

Mike

Back