T-Shirts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me or is it impossible to find decent t-shirts these days?

Everywhere I go, they follow the same style.

- very thin material that you can see through
- very short sleeves that make you look like some wanna be rockstar
- overly large neck holes that sit around your shoulders

It's driving me crazy! I just want t-shirts like I used to be able to buy 10 years ago :(

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

transatlantic":28pk9x3u said:

It's driving me crazy! I just want t-shirts like I used to be able to buy 10 years ago :(

And dont get me started on tight jeans!!!

transatlantic":1083fnq3 said:
transatlantic":1083fnq3 said:

So you are saying see through material, plunging necklines and overly tight jeans? sounds wonderful if you are in the female section.

Brandlin":ddyv2882 said:
transatlantic":ddyv2882 said:
transatlantic":ddyv2882 said:

So you are saying see through material, plunging necklines and overly tight jeans? sounds wonderful if you are in the female section.

haha!

I'm having the same trouble with trousers. The current trend for skinny everything trouser-related may be fine for blokes with weedy legs, but otherwise they look slightly ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I had the same issue, everywhere seems to only cater for the current trend!
I ended up buying some guildan t-shirts and they are very good quality and cost around £2!! You can only buy them in plain colours (unless you want to pay for printing)
They don’t shrink in the tumble dryer and fit great!

Take a look in your local charity shop. I always call in to our Red Cross shop when in town, never know what you will find there - possibly even Tee shirts

My problem is they are never long enough to cover my belly.

I need say no more as I know many of you have the same problem.

I was given a t-shirt for christmas....

It was disappointingly thin.

It was from one of those "print on demand, heat press" places, who, im sure have purchased the cheapest possible material they could lay their hands on.

I ordered some shirts for silk screening a year or two ago, and certainly had the option of "standard or heavy" weight. I went for the (obviously more expensive) heavy (thinking that is was probably like those record collector ratings where "good" actually means "been used as a doormat"!) and got what was a "normal" t-shirt (nothing wrong with it at all, just as you would want it, but i wouldnt have called it heavy!)

I dont know what the "standard" would have been like, but, im sure, equally as disappointing as if you were to purchase a "good" record....

Land's End are pretty good, but I think they are not as good as they use to be, my guess is that they have reduced the thread count to save money.. And they are now even more expensive than they always have been. But they are still the best I have found. I might try Fruit of the Loom, they have a good reputation, I believe.

I like these although i don't play golf i find them very comfy PING
eBay item number:273005555669 just for reference
Alan

Steve Maskery":23dhqgxt said:
Land's End are pretty good, but I think they are not as good as they use to be, my guess is that they have reduced the thread count to save money.. And they are now even more expensive than they always have been. But they are still the best I have found. I might try Fruit of the Loom, they have a good reputation, I believe.

I buy my pocket pullover short sleeve shirts from L.L.Bean. I thought their T-shirts would be great as well, but they weren't. I bought a couple of the short sleeve pocket T-shirts to wear around the house so I could keep my reading glasses handy. The shirts are durable and well made, but the treatment used for the material makes them water repellent, which is bad when I'm working outside and start sweating. I might as well be wearing a plastic bag with arm holes.

I bought similar shirts from Lands' End and couldn't be happier. They are just as durable as the L.L.Bean shirt but absorb liquids as I expect a cotton blend shirt should.

I tried other brands, but couldn't find consistency in the sizes. I wear XXL in L.L.Bean and Lands' End, but the sizes that fit from other brands are all over the place. It's Lands' End for my T-Shirts, and L.L.Bean for everything else.

Back