New toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
A new toy arrived today as I asked for money as Christmas presents so I could get things I wanted.

Not a turning tool but for use on my turning

Got this airbrush to do some decorating of my turning this is for finer work not general coverage like my other one and finer than the other two cheapy brushes that came with the compressor. Made by Harder and Steenbeck and certainly feel like quality even if it is the cheaper one in their range.
Can't wait to play but other jobs to do first

DSCF8887 (800x600).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8887 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8887 (800x600).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Is that a big paint reservoir and a small one? It's a bit shiny, innit? :-D

NazNomad":1k1184i1 said:
Is that a big paint reservoir and a small one? It's a bit shiny, innit? :-D

Yes has two sizes of paint reservoirs. I may just frame it and look at it don't want to get it dirty :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my other hobby is paiting toy soldiers ... shhhh dont tell anyone here i'm a nerd.

I have a few airbrushes ... harder and steenbeck is an excellent brand for detail work... whats the needle size on that one? thats far more important than cup size*

*note cup size may be important in other ... endeavours.

Brandlin":2i7a8kab said:
my other hobby is paiting toy soldiers ... shhhh dont tell anyone here i'm a nerd.

I have a few airbrushes ... harder and steenbeck is an excellent brand for detail work... whats the needle size on that one? thats far more important than cup size*

It came with a 0.2mm and a 0.4mm that is why I brought this one as i needed an air brush for more detailed work, the larger cup sizes is an handy extra

Dalboy":222d15xn said:
Brandlin":222d15xn said:

It came with a 0.2mm and a 0.4mm that is why I brought this one as i needed an air brush for more detailed work, the larger cup sizes is an handy extra

depending on the model you may be able to get a 0.15mm that fits too. I know a couple of painters that can paint the eyeballs on a 30mm tall figure with that set up. ;-)

I'm intrigued what you may do with it in a wood working context?

Brandlin":lpj9yh6b said:
depending on the model you may be able to get a 0.15mm that fits too. I know a couple of painters that can paint the eyeballs on a 30mm tall figure with that set up. ;-)

I'm intrigued what you may do with it in a wood working context?

I have a few ideas but that will be for another day. But it will be to decorate bowl rims and some hollow forms.

I use to make model boats as a hobby

ah now proper wooden boat models now thats a skill..

colour me impressed and keen to see what you do

Brandlin":1goyl5cq said:
ah now proper wooden boat models now thats a skill..

colour me impressed and keen to see what you do

No longer make the boats but now make wooden models and toys as well as turning THIS IS the last model I completed Go to page 6 to see the completed model

What paints do you plan to use. I use the ‘Golden’ transparent pre-mixed acrylics in the dropper bottles (except for white that is the solid colour) and can’t fault them.

The wonderful late Binh Pho’s dvd on airbrushing wood turnings is well worth a watch.

S

SVB":16z6znqb said:
What paints do you plan to use. I use the ‘Golden’ transparent pre-mixed acrylics in the dropper bottles (except for white that is the solid colour) and can’t fault them.

The wonderful late Binh Pho’s dvd on airbrushing wood turnings is well worth a watch.

S

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD Simon will have to look for it. I mainly use cretex airbrush paints the wicked range but have just ordered from Ed Oliver a couple of Golden paints to try.

There are 4 video's on some techniques for airbrushing that I found on u tube

Ok. Are the paints you have ‘solid’ colour or transparent. I’ve tried both and much prefer the latter on the work I do now.

Either way, have fun and look forward to seeing the output!

S

SVB":3i5azpwn said:
Ok. Are the paints you have ‘solid’ colour or transparent. I’ve tried both and much prefer the latter on the work I do now.

Either way, have fun and look forward to seeing the output!

S

Most are transparent I brought a set of basic colours and then got ones as I needed them

Doug B":22lxnvvh said:
I’m sure you’ll put it to good use Derek, you’re a lucky lad :D

I hope to Doug the blanks are now nearly all cut and sealed so maybe be able to get a piece of wood on the lathe and do some turning

Back