Table saw sliding carriage 3d printed end caps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickCheese

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Happy New Year

For Christmas, knowing how much i love 'toys', my wife bought me a 3d printer.

My Kity table saw has a sliding carriage that has very sharp ends that I have caught myself on several times and it's painful. So I decided to print some end caps. I used SketchUp to design them and my new 3d printer to produce two, one for each end.

Table saw end.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

Rather proud of myself.

Mick

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpg
    IMG_2736.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,313
  • Table saw end.jpg
    Table saw end.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,312
Easier than I thought it would be. Had to be quite accurate measuring with callipers to get the size right.

SketchUp is clearly very accurate as the part fitted into the extrusion with just a little sanding.

Mick

Excellent job Mick. I have the same saw and regularly dent myself on the same alloy extrusion. Sadly didn't get a 3D printer for xmas :-(
Now you've proven the design, you should make yourself some more in hazard red and warning yellow !

Printer was £299 at Aldi I think.

I’m happy to make a few and send them out free of charge.

But just in case I get deluged. Will do the first three people who send me a message.

Mick

A big shout out for Mick who kindly did exactly as he offered and mailed me a couple of really smart end pieces for my Kity saw. Very good of you Mick and admirable work after just a few days with a new piece of kit. You can meet some really nice folk on the 'net.

Back