Wheres Sheffields AIMI !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred55

Established Member
Reaction score
Now I'm all for saving trees and Sheffield has had a few problem lately with the cutting down of trees that maybe causing a problem or not ! - It may be me ! or because I read to many threads on this site ! But when I see protesters and chain saws on the National and Local news I can only think !!! where do the trees end up and can I go and help myself. Last month there were some lovely flowering cherry trees downed ! sad ! but my only thoughts were look at the girth on those !, could knock up some really nice bowls out of them. So any body got a phone number or key to the stock yard of the contractors AIMI. SO if you are a tree huger I apologise please don't chain yourself to my gate post or climb my wall in protest - I just want to make lots of rabbits happy with loads of sawdust.

If they are like our council the lot will get land filled.
Whose environmental policies are all mouth and no action.

I live on one of the roads in the area that Amey are cutting down trees...tree huggers have been out in force and there have been ugly scenes
its been going on for ages now with notices been sent out saying cars to be moved and roads closed
then when they get there to start the job some wag has nailed a bat box to the tree so the whole process restarts.
On my road though to be fair its only been horse chestnut that have been taken down and only 3 out of perhaps 30 and they have been replanted with new

Ian

flh801978":2wj40irf said:
I live on one of the roads in the area that Amey are cutting down trees...tree huggers have been out in force and there have been ugly scenes
its been going on for ages now with notices been sent out saying cars to be moved and roads closed
then when they get there to start the job some wag has nailed a bat box to the tree so the whole process restarts.
On my road though to be fair its only been horse chestnut that have been taken down and only 3 out of perhaps 30 and they have been replanted with new

Ian

Hi Ian

I'm at Greenhill, Amie took many trees down around here but did plant new ones, Someone (possibly kids) snapped the trunks off three new ones on Annesley road :cry:

They did immediately sprout new shoots though, I reckon they will just take longer to reach a good height

John :p

Latest posts

Back