Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morpheus83uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Wickes Wet and Dry vac for my dust extraction and I am wondering if there is a universal converter for tools which I could just place on my vac and then place it on the relevant tool I am using for extraction? This is opposed to having loads of different adapters for different tools going missing.

Thanks

James

Not a commercial one that I'm aware of, however I have been thinking about a diy solution myself recently.

The plan would be to glue some thick ply or mdf together and cut a hole that goes the vac hose. I'd then repeat this for the various tools, so they each had their own. Then it's a case of using neodymium magnets on each piece, so they snap attach to the vac adapter.

I have a universal car steering rack gaiter on the end of my hose and the other end will stretch to fit most tool outlets of any shape.

James

That one is solid, the one I linked to is rubber so it stretches and can be forced to fit.

Mike

Ah right I thought that they dropped down in size but I see what your saying. I found it by accident and that you could just have one side on the hose and the other side be whatever was needed but it may not fit properly thinking about it.

I will check out the rubber ones you suggested and see what I will need so will go through the tools I have no adaptor for.

Thanks

James

I like the one Mike linked us to and I like Axminste but I do find their prices for dust extraction accessories ridiculous. Try ebay and you'll find what looks to be the same thing selling for automotive uses at half the price.

Back