Confused

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very funny, I enjoyed that.

As an aside something I learnt only last year is that all modern cars I’ve driven have a little arrow head by the fuel gauge symbol pointing to the side where the filler cap is.

Oh, that cheered my morning!

I was Toolstation's second customer this morning.

0715h: I got all the way there, all organised with a short code for the shopping list, got out of the car, slapped my back pocket to find it EMPTY.

I'd left my wallet on my desk.

Sigh.

To be fair, they made up the order for me while I went back to get it, and I'm fairly certain nobody else turned up meanwhile. Never seen it so quiet in the early morning.

NazNomad":2d65d7pi said:
'Confused' is the politically correct term, I believe.

Why be 'politically correct' say it like it is, she's a complete numbscull and should not be behind the wheel of a car. I'm suprised she know where the ignition key goes. I was funny though lol

phil.p":yslbav2y said:
Our local Tesco has "Use Both Sides" notices on the the pumps ............... despite the fact that unless you are very accomplished the hoses won't reach if your filler is on the offside.

Most petrol stations I have no problem using either side, once in a while though there is one that says use both sides but there is no way the hoses are long enough, makes you look a right tit. :lol:

I drove into an Asda filling station but the pump would not operate. The voice from the kiosk said' please turn your vehicle around for security reasons and next time do not come into the garage through the 'no entry sign', Whoops!
Regards Keith

Woodchips2":1825f5dz said:
I drove into an Asda filling station but the pump would not operate. The voice from the kiosk said' please turn your vehicle around for security reasons and next time do not come into the garage through the 'no entry sign', Whoops!
Regards Keith
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hawkeyefxr":o9xzh3bq said:
Why be 'politically correct' say it like it is, she's a complete numbscull and should not be behind the wheel of a car. I'm suprised she know where the ignition key goes. I was funny though lol
Bit harsh, innit?
Might as well suggest that you shouldn't be allowed behind a keyboard just because you can't spell numbskull... :p

Most people have certain little things they can't wrap their heads around. Maybe it was just really early in the morning for her...
Personally I think it's just something to do with women who drive the 2nd gen Honda CR-V, but I'm slightly biassed in that respect!! :lol:

JWLeaper":o9xzh3bq said:
As an aside something I learnt only last year is that all modern cars I’ve driven have a little arrow head by the fuel gauge symbol pointing to the side where the filler cap is.
There's also a rumour that, generally, this symbol will have it's pump hose depicted on the same side as your fill port is on the vehicle. Certainly it rings true for both my car and the wife's - Mine's on the right and hers the left.

I read a letter in the press some while ago from a woman who had been sent into the filling station to pick up some engine oil and pay for the fuel. She asked the attendant specifically for diesel engine oil and the guy pointed it out to her. She picked up a can, dropped it on the counter and said are you sure this is for diesels? My husband will go nuts if I go back with the wrong oil. Yes, madam, it's definitely for diesels came the reply - is that your husband standing by pump five? By the white Citroen ......... that he's just filled with petrol?

I filled a diesel astra with petrol once. Full tank too. Some pillock had crossed the hoses on the pump and I just didnt check.
Got it started fine, drove a 160 miles non stop and it worked fine.
Would not restart though, as I'd obviously used the last of the diesel in the bottom of the tank.

It wouldnt restart after stopping in a motorway services. had to call the AA. The truck arrived to tow me to a cleaning station..... 500 yards across the motorway area!

That was about 15 years ago, cost me £80 to have the tank emptied. you can bet they strained the petrol and used it in their own cars.
Strangely, my company wouldnt pay that particular expense at the end of the month.

theres a company called refuel (I think, haven't worked with them for a long time) that takes all the slops away in the uk Bob. guess what they do with it?

yep resell, normally to rental companies.

Its "tell the truth and shame the devil" time.
About 3 months after the above episode, I went and did it again (sheer driving exhaustion, back then I was filling that astra twice a day 6 days a week, and a petrol car and a petrol bike at weekends).
This time I was at home when it stopped.
I went round to my local auto factors, bought a fuel pump for about a tenner, and pumped the damn stuff out myself into every canister i could find in the garage.

Refilled with deisel with still quite a few litres left in the tank and it ran well enough to use it all up. The stuff in the containers got fed into my wifes petrol car a few litres at a time till it was all gone.

£70 saved, and the company never found out about that one.

sunnybob":34l9601n said:
That was about 15 years ago, cost me £80 to have the tank emptied. you can bet they strained the petrol and used it in their own cars.
It seems to cost an awful lot more these days... like about three times more!!

Back