Car spray adhesive

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a spray adhesive to refit the thin roof lining type material to plastic moulding on the “A” frame pillar on my car. It needs to be able to withstand the heat through the windscreen and as the material is very thin and cream in colour not bleed through.

There is a multitude of possible spray options available online especially carpet type adhesives. I have made a number of enquiries even regarding so called automotive products but most replies have been “should be ok”

The problem being is that it is going to be a one chance. There are no vehicle restoration services around here that I can approach.

Can anybody that has used a product for this type of application help please. I appreciate there are no guarantees but a recommendation is better than a random purchase

Thanks

Difficult to find in the Uk but have located it for £21 including postage

Thanks for that Dibs

Matt_S":17xg1lso said:
Would this work?

http://www.megavanmats.com/apps/webstor ... ow/2395032

I used on lining carpet and also roof lining, the roof lining was perforated vinyl type, like that found in old Minis etc. So neither that likely to stain.

Thank you.

After Dibs suggestion of a 3m product I contacted them, their recommendation was their 08080 spray adhesive. I have ordered it from an online car vehicle finishing supply company who also assure me that it is the ideal product for my requirements.

£23,66 total cost not cheap for a can of glue #-o but hopefully providing I follow instructions all will be well, it will save me a fortune having to order a replacement trim from Jaguar.

For future ref, Frost's seem to be the goto firm for vehicle restoration products: https://www.frost.co.uk. I have bought from them in the past. They have some significant gaps in their product lines, and some stuf is very ovrpriced (presumably because some people can't be bothered to shop around or make impulse purchases with bigger orders), but what they sell is good, and a paper catalogue used tyo be sent...

Back