He would say that, wouldn't he?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil.p":yzgkgcn8 said:
We went to see my son's A level tutors. The psychology tutor told us my son is absolutely brilliant at the subject. My son said he probably tells every parent that.

Hmm ....... :lol:
Are you sure he didn't say your son was a brilliant subject for psychology ? :D

My daughter is 22, and she is a joy. She never gave us a second's worry. She has a good degree from a first class university and she says he is way more intelligent than her, which is scary. I worry sometimes for him as he has my temper, he will tolerate all sorts of crepe indefinitely - then I worry he will nearly kill someone (and that is not a throwaway comment). Read the book, seen the film and got the tee shirt.

In general boys never grow up and act like little boys for most of their lives, probably most of us are proof of that. :wink: Girls are never really little girls, just little women who very quickly learn how to assess people and situations and act accordingly.

Both my kids are extremely intelligent, my daughter, the eldest was quiet, caring and calm, my son had he been first would have been an only child, he was a little s**t :lol: i think he was in his mid 20s before he started to take things seriously.

Both got a good education, worked hard and have done well and I'm very proud them plus we now have a beautiful 4 year old granddaughter as a bonus.
She's a clever little monkey as well. I look at that little face and wonder what the hell kind of mischief she's thinking up now. (hammer)

Attachments

• Alice age 4.jpg
    Alice age 4.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,132
My daughter is 15 in 3 days, just had her braces removed and has strange lumps where she didn't when she used to not mind changing with me in the room; all a bit of a mystery to me but I know one thing, the scary stuff is just about to begin !!!

I used to joke with her Mum about one day digging a pit at the end of the garden, deep enough for a good quantity of suitors, about time I thought about getting my shovel out... 'So, young man, let's take a walk in the garden and discuss your intentions regarding my daughter.....' :)

phil.p":lut1j7ki said:
As someone said they other day - isn't it strange that the boy who wasn't good enough for your daughter is good enough to give you the smartest grandchildren on the planet?

Spot on Phil though in my case it's my sons child, my daughter has vowed never to have kids.

sickasapike":116dn8bu said:
My daughter is 15 in 3 days, just had her braces removed and has strange lumps where she didn't when she used to not mind changing with me in the room; all a bit of a mystery to me but I know one thing, the scary stuff is just about to begin !!!

What? 15 and no scary stuff yet. Mine started before she reached double figures. :roll:

It's just like the piano teacher telling the parent that their child is brilliant at the piano. And then, the violin teacher she's great on the violin and the horse riding teacher she's great at horse riding.

Anyway, one day they will be told the truth and then there's always ebay for the piano, the violin and the horse!

how else is the "XXXX" teacher to get long term repeat business?

sickasapike":1yeqw6bq said:

I used to joke with her Mum about one day digging a pit at the end of the garden, deep enough for a good quantity of suitors, about time I thought about getting my shovel out... 'So, young man, let's take a walk in the garden and discuss your intentions regarding my daughter.....' :)

Don't worry Sicka, that will only last for about 15 years, then it gets REALLY scary with the grandkidz (hammer)

sickasapike":2g7bvpbk said:

That made me think of the story of one of my ancestors back in the late 18th century.
The vicar mr. Aulin of Kronoby had a daughter called Beata. She got to know a farmer's son who worked as a farmhand at the vicary. Love developed out of it but the old vicar forbade it.
Years went by and the vicar brough home one suitor after another of proper class and standing but Beata refused to take any interrest in any of them.
Then Beata became pregnant and she made no secret of who the father was. The farmhand. A boy was born out of wedlock at the vicary. Beata and the farmhand still waited for each others.
The old vicar fell ill and when he realised that there was no recovery ahead he called for Beata to come to his bedside and told her that after all theese years he has realized that what she and the farmhand have between them has to be real love so now she is allowed to marry him.
Beata replied "Now that we have waited for such a long time we can wait until you are dead as well".
So they did...... and married...... and got several more children and became farmers.

No wonder we have a certain reputation for being headstrong and singleminded 8)
The story has passed down in the family ever since.

Back