Tyme Avon Bowl Attachment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

columbiers

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Tyme Avon lathe, which I'd like to use to turn some bigger bowls/platters. To do so ideally I'd like to source the bowl turning attachment that bolts to the side of the bed, allowing the rest to be placed in position when the headstock is turned. I've had no luck on ebay- some lathes are sold with it but not on their own.
Does anyone have one for sale (unlikely I know!) Or does anyone have the dimensions so I can attempt to make one up?

Thanks

I would be tempted to buy a complete one off eBay and sell the rest on. or persuade a seller to split and re-list.

columbiers":3vye7cxw said:
Hi,

I have a Tyme Avon lathe, which I'd like to use to turn some bigger bowls/platters. To do so ideally I'd like to source the bowl turning attachment that bolts to the side of the bed, allowing the rest to be placed in position when the headstock is turned. I've had no luck on ebay- some lathes are sold with it but not on their own.
Does anyone have one for sale (unlikely I know!) Or does anyone have the dimensions so I can attempt to make one up?

Thanks
hi mate i have a tyme avon and will send you the dimensions for what you need as soon as i get time. has your lathe got 3x bolt holes in the side under the motor.

red dave":ly8d8yin said:
hi mate i have a tyme avon and will send you the dimensions for what you need as soon as i get time. has your lathe got 3x bolt holes in the side under the motor.

That would be brilliant, thank you. Yes it has 3 bolt holes under the motor.

They seem to go for £150+ on ebay- I don't really want that outlay plus the hassle and cost of fetching it- I really want to eithier find a separate one or make one up.

Hi All,

very much in the same position as the original poster - newbie looking for a bowl attachment for a Tyme Pup. The link to the DIY version is really useful and that's probably the way I'll go but it has thrown up another question; in the photo you can see some kind of wooden jig attached to the lathe, could someone tell me what it's function is please.

Thanks and regards.

Togsie":yt079krl said:
Hi All,

very much in the same position as the original poster - newbie looking for a bowl attachment for a Tyme Pup. The link to the DIY version is really useful and that's probably the way I'll go but it has thrown up another question; in the photo you can see some kind of wooden jig attached to the lathe, could someone tell me what it's function is please.

Thanks and regards.

it is a shop built steady- to keep long things supported.

red dave":tp645o42 said:
columbiers":tp645o42 said:
Hi,

Thanks

Red Dave, if you have a mo could I have the dimensions for bowl turning attachment too please. I do have the 3 bolt holes under the motor.

Thanks and regards.

I have photographed and dimensioned the attachment but it seems that it is not possible to upload through the forum. Give me your email address and I will send the info to you.

Alan

alangazza":2hoc35pj said:
I have photographed and dimensioned the attachment but it seems that it is not possible to upload through the forum.

Alan
You need some more posts to be able to upload a photo.

I will be interested in your info. I still need to sort something out for my Tyme Cub.

John

alangazza":23dnyho1 said:
I have photographed and dimensioned the attachment but it seems that it is not possible to upload through the forum. Give me your email address and I will send the info to you.

Alan

Alan,

thanks for doing that, I've sent you a PM with my email address.

Merry Christmas.

I have a tyme avon bowl attachment that I only use now & again, how does £50.00 + postage sound

cookie777":1oaz1jxh said:
I have a tyme avon bowl attachment that I only use now & again, how does £50.00 + postage sound

................................................. Cookie, I tried to visit your website - were you aware that's it's down ?

Back