Merry Christmas/ Woodworking obsession

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I've got to cook a turkey and all the stuff that goes with it (we do that on Christmas Eve - 'complex' family!), finish the Christmas shopping and deal with two very excited children who won't settle down early to sleep tonight on account of Santa arriving any time soon. Yet I find myself this morning looking longingly at a couple of pieces of maple and a length of yew, feeling a bit sad that I can't continue dealing with them for a few days. It takes over, doesn't it?

Anyway, I joined the forum in Spring and have learned sooo much from the patient and kind advice people give here. It feels like a real community with shared interests where people like me (just starting out) are supported and encouraged by people who are clearly incredibly skilled and accomplished craftsmen/ women - who still find the time to help newbies like me - and every level in between.

Soooo, I just wanted to say thanks to you all, and to wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Chris

ps I might just have a quick go at that maple before setting about lunch - how hard can cooking a turkey be?

I was going to post seasons greetings, and and thanks to the forum members for all the help I have received - you beat me to it, so I will add to your thread if you do not mind......

This is a friendly, helpful forum full of knowledgeable folk who share their wealth of experience freely - Thank you all and have the best festive season and new year possible.

Happy Crimbo everyone :ho2
Just out from the lair, looking forward allready to gettin back at it.
Is it warm or is it just me ?
I think I'll actually be able to glue up my bench in the next while, I thought I might have to wait
for a few agonising months :D

Latest posts

Back