Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
Hi,

So Christmas is almost upon us and the holiday season nears.

How long are you folks taking off? and do you intend doing any woodworking over the festive season?

I already know what my good lady has got me for Christmas (well actually I ordered it so I should know) so I will be back in the mini man cave on boxing day trying it out.

Kneedeep in shavings making presents at the moment and will be until sunday night at this rate. I swore last year I'd never do a project with a deadline again and now look at me :D

Then planning on sleeping for a week. We're back on the 8th (Jrs school timetable now dictates our holidays) so I'll have time to complete a gift I'm building for a friend who's first is due at the end of January, it's a simple frame-and-panel box in oak, a baby blanket chest.

Aye Christmas is a time for giving so this year I decided to send a Christmas Hamper from Love Honey to the local convent........ hopefully it will give them some enjoyment.

Apart from that I intend on heading up into the mountains critter spotting......last year the TV etc drove me mad so fingers crossed there will be very little snow up there.
Ho Ho Ho :cool:

Christmas? What are you talking about? That's weeks away yet. I know, because I said I'd have the dining room finished for christmas, and I've only just plastered the plinth. I'll let you know when christmas is here, OK.

Sorry. Christmas? This does not compute. We move back to the house that we've been renovating on Dec 28th. As yet...no bog...no bath..no kitchen. No pressure.

i finished work yesterday & won't get time to work in my workshop until Thursday & start playing with the new things Santa is bringing me
then back to work 2nd Jan

I heard a good one today.....Santa was travelling round the local villages here last Friday night and was asking for donations.....I thought Santa was all about giving? lol

My daughter arrives on the 27th so Christmas day is nudged on a few days hereabouts; so on te 25th I'll be tinkering away in my shop doing a clearout and reorganisation, moving table saw and bandsaw to a better spot further from the writing desk, redoing dust collection etc. - which might be an ideal xmas day for many :D

Then on our local Christmas day, we'll be feasting on the usual plus a pile of bargain price puds, ham, cheeses, salmon and the other good stuff that mysteriously gets cheaper on boxing day!

Finished a week last Thursday, then worked two hours each day until yesterday when I drove the family 7 hours south to my parents in Kirkby in Ashfield. A week with them then home for a day, then off to see friends in France for New Years. So all in all three weeks off but no more than a day in the workshop:( but time with family and friends makes up for it.

F.

Finished work yesterday at 10am at Tiffanys on Old Bond Street (started at 4am). Some fella rented the shop out to propose to his hopefully bride to be so we had to finish early. Result... Spare change!!!! Makes you wonder eh? :shock:
Came home and spent all day plasterboarding the new loft extension out. :| Just as it was getting dark I convinced the lads to help me move the refurbed Meddings onto it's stand. God bless them, two of the big lads heaved it up for me. Touch. Gave the lads a drink for christmas and sent them packing a bit early. Had a couple of pints. No probs. All very relaxed if a bit exhausted. The neighbours popped over for an unexpected glass of prosseco. Ended up smashing it. Went to bed at silly o clock after Nick the Banker (no rhyming slang intended) left on the quiet and slipped back in with a selection of expensive bourbon. :roll:
My last memory is fighting about 9 kids in the living room.... woke up with a hangover and a smashed up leg.
What's up with getting old? It's rubbish.

Happy Christmas all. Hope you all have a lovely time.
I'm tidying the shed tomorrow and attempting to clarify butter and muddle a bear-niece sauce. Probably at the same time.
All the best
Regards
Chris

Back