Festool 27mm Angle Hose adapter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monions2112

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hopefully, I'm not the only one that's had this issue.

I have a Kapex KS60 and Festool Midi extractor with the standard 27mm hose. The hose fits the KS60 fine and does a decent job of clearing the dust.

The issue is that the hose protrudes out of the back a fair amount hitting the walling and meaning I have to have the KS60 forward on the bench. I expected there to be an angle adapter available and ordered the 27mm rotating adapter (456806) last week, it's just arrived and it's the wrong end - it's the end for between the hose and the vacuum. Just speaking with Nuts & Bolts and they've said there isn't an angle for that end (wish they had told me that last week when I spoke to them).

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, I would have expected many people would like to use an angle to reduce the space used by the saw. I am happy to move up to the 36mm hose, if there is a solution for that.

It was something that I wondered about when looking for a back-to-the-wall mitre saw. I ended up with the Metabo KGSV 72 SYM jobby. It comes with an 90 degree adaptor. I'd need to double check what goes in where but, IIRC, the built-in and adaptor ports take both the D27 and D36 hoses so it may well fit the KS60. I'll try and mind check later on.

Edit: Did a hunt to find the Metabo part number. See #83 "Extraction tube" (WNW in diagram) at https://www.metabo-service.com/en/spare ... s/12216000 They list it as part number "343438930".

Right, I've checked things out with real live hoses...

The D27 goes inside the built-in port and the adaptor.
The D36 goes outside the built-in port and adaptor. It's a tight fit on the D36, but you're not going to break anything getting it on / in.

So I'd reckon there every chance it'd fit somehow onto a KS60. Hopefully ;)

Thank you very much Nelsun, may be I should have gone with the Metabo as you originally suggested in the other thread :)

The Metabo 343438930 looks like it should do the job but may be difficult to get - I have contacted Metabo UK and also found it available at two resellers in the Netherlands, hopefully they will ship to the UK.

This may not be as bad as I originally thought, the KS60 hose adapter moves with the slide and raises as the saw is lowered, so there may be a workaround without the right-angle adapter. I'll play with that later today.

Thanks for the help.

No problems and happy to help. I'm surprised Festool don't already have something to do the job. It's not like them to miss out on an expensive accessory ;)

Just a quick update on this.

I received no reply from Metabo UK, and the two shops in the Netherlands said they can't ship to the UK. Shame as the Metabo adapter looked like a good solution.

In the mean time, I've been able to set the saw so that when down there is plenty of space for the hose in normal use. When in the resting position (up) the hose just pushed the saw forward on its sliders, which is no big issue. It's not ideal, but works perfectly well, so I was probably worrying about something that I didn't need to.

Nelsun, thanks for the advice - Happy Christmas.

Back