Sharp recipe book

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheptonphil

Scrumpy junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

The missus had a clear out this year and has 'tidied away' a cookery book which has a Christmas pudding recipe she has made for over 20 years. Do any of you happen to have this cookbook in the kitchen? Its the Sharp carousel cook book from 1991 and I have a picture of the front. I only want the one recipe from it if possible.

1208901_131011171224_Book_-_Sharp_Microwave_1.jpg

Many thanks for anyone looking, and a very happy Christmas to all on the forums.

Phil

Attachments

• 1208901_131011171224_Book_-_Sharp_Microwave_1.jpg
    1208901_131011171224_Book_-_Sharp_Microwave_1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,098
I doubt it is this one, but I have one saved from a microwave cookbook, but couldn't tell you which one!

Ingredients
1 cooking apple, peeled and grated
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 orange, juice and grated rind of
400 g (14 oz) mixed dried fruit
45 ml (3 tbsp) brandy
15 ml (1 tbsp) black treacle
50 g (2 oz) self-raising flour
pinch of salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) cocoa
5 ml (1 tsp) mixed spice
3 ml (1/2 tsp) nutmeg
100 g (4 oz) shredded suet
150 g (5 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
50 g (2 oz) mixed peel
50 g (2 oz) flaked almonds
2 eggs, beaten

Dish: 1.3 litre (21/2 pt) pudding basin lightly greased
1. Place apple and carrot in a large bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 5 mins. Beat well
to make a thick puree.
2. Stir in juice, rind and mixed fruit. Cook on HIGH power for 2 mins. Stir in brandy and treacle.
Stand for 5 mins. Beat in rest of ingredients.
3. Press into the pudding basin. Cover with greaseproof paper and cook on HIGH power for 4
mins. Stand for 5 mins. Cook on HIGH power for another 2 mins. or until just firm.
N.B. One of the advantages of using your microwave to make this traditional pudding is that it
can be made the week before Christmas and stored in a cool dry place. Do not attempt to
make the pudding earlier than this, since the flavour will not improve with keeping, unlike a
traditionally steamed pudding.

Good luck, hopefully someone will have a copy somewhere to hand!

Sheptonphil":3346so3n said:
Hi all

The missus had a clear out this year and has 'tidied away' a cookery book which has a Christmas pudding recipe she has made for over 20 years. Do any of you happen to have this cookbook in the kitchen? Its the Sharp carousel cook book from 1991 and I have a picture of the front. I only want the one recipe from it if possible.

Many thanks for anyone looking, and a very happy Christmas to all on the forums.

Phil
I would try to contact Sharp themselves.

It's the kind of thing they like to do (and brag about on social media if successful)

"Lovely Company Sharp save someone's Christmas by finding old recipe" is the sort of advert they like!

BugBear

Thanks for al the replies and the effort to help.

I’ve passed the recipe on, we’ll see how it turns out.

I will contact Sharp, didn't think of that avenue.

The archive library one is close, but unfortunaly no cigar. Thanks for the link though.

Love this forum.

Phil

Bit more digging. 8)
Page 41.
Still have to buy it though. sorry. :(
(click on the pic)

skkeJFk.jpg

Bm101":zbdaofcq said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/182340293002?chn=ps&adgroupid=49962975962&rlsatarget=pla-379145155426&abcId=1129946&adtype=pla&merchantid=9447064&poi=&googleloc=9044937&device=c&campaignid=974199341&crdt=0
Cheapest i can find it Phil. Still pricey! Possibly it's not even the same book....

Hooray!!!!!!!!!

Not the same book, but, after putting a search in ebay, I came with this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222762313550 ... Tags=bu=bu

which WAS the identical one, emailed the seller and he added a picture of the recipe on page 118 to the listing.

So, after much hunting I finally got lead down the path to success.

Again, grateful thanks to all, and the missus is well made up. 26th year she has used this recipe.

:ho2 :ho2 :ho2 :ho2

Sheptonphil":1d12bdtj said:
...which WAS the identical one, emailed the seller and he added a picture of the recipe on page 118 to the listing.
Interesting. That seller has lost himself a potential paying customer. Did he have a white beard and a red coat?

BugBear

bugbear":1pnn3zyx said:
Sheptonphil":1pnn3zyx said:
...which WAS the identical one, emailed the seller and he added a picture of the recipe on page 118 to the listing.
Interesting. That seller has lost himself a potential paying customer. Did he have a white beard and a red coat?

BugBear

I did offer to pay, but he just said he would upload the single page.

Happy days.

There truly is more to life than money.

Still plenty of nice people about despite what the media would have you believe. Glad it worked out for you Phil.
I'll pop round with the kids about 3.30. Looking forward to a proper pudding. :D

Bm101":3krccq1d said:
Still plenty of nice people about despite what the media would have you believe. Glad it worked out for you Phil.
I'll pop round with the kids about 3.30. Looking forward to a proper pudding. :D
3:30 should be about right, the kids will be very useful as well with all the washing up to do, whilst the adult get down to some serious eating and drinking. :ho2

Back