its not just parcelforce

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Got a delivery today from amazon. The box was left at the front door. We were inside, about 3 feet from the door and with our backs to the window next to the door and from the outside our heads are visible. He (she?) did NOT ring or knock or post a card. It was found some time later by a visitor.

The box is 3 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot. Inside was a pair of scuba diving flippers. There was room for another dozen of the same.
Oh yes, and a sheet of brown paper 15 inches across and FIFTY EIGHT FEET long.

Now that's impressive!

We've had some huge parcels from Amazon with very little inside them but nothing quite on that scale.

luckily there are three grandkids who can use it for "projects". (lol)

To be even handed, another arrived yesterday and the packing was reasonably sensible.

They use standard size boxes so they know how many can fit in vehicles etc. its kind of logical if you think of it from their end.

woodenstuart":k7qd3soy said:
They use standard size boxes so they know how many can fit in vehicles etc. its kind of logical if you think of it from their end.

Logistically logical, but ludicrous from the point of view of the recipient.

BT used these to supply stores, I had one delivered with a single screwdriver in it.

image.jpg

NazNomad":2j8f5obv said:
woodenstuart":2j8f5obv said:

Logistically logical, but ludicrous from the point of view of the recipient.

BT used these to supply stores, I had one delivered with a single screwdriver in it.

image.jpg

if you think thats bad a Hospital I know has used a larger sized one for just a packet of pills!!!! lol

Well at least it arrived. We ordered a bathroom sink and vanity unit. First delivery date - phone call to say too much snow, van stuck. Second delivery date - phone call to say the van only has second and fourth gears (?). Contacted the seller - they have decided to use a different courier, be with you tomorrow by 5:00 - no show, no phone call. Phoned the retailer to say it hadn't arrived and was told it would be delivered tomorrow or the following day.

And it has just arrived, by Frenni, with a seriously helpful young delivery man. Pleased.

K

woodenstuart":1xmbt97y said:

Nope, the second one was a cutdown piece of cardboard sellotaped generously, just like you or I would make.

And not being a dive master but being quite old and set in my ways, theyre flippers. (hammer) 8)

Back