gone fishing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digerman

Established Member
Reaction score
the two that did not get away you should have seen the one that did it was huge :lol:

Attachments

• trout siting.jpg
    trout siting.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 2,159
  • trout stone.jpg
    trout stone.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 2,159
I like them a lot.

I really like the first, I think the inclusion of the pebbles is a nice touch, it is this sort of creativity that sets a piece apart.

I'll beat Brian to say that I think us Brits are really showing our American cousins how it should be done now.

Phill

Yup, +1 re the comments above. I think I've said it before, but I find quite a lot of the US designs as published in the Scroll Sawing mags somewhat "heavy" looking, whereas, when you look at a lot of the stuff on here (NOT anything of mine BTW!) it looks so much more, I dunno, "elegant" and "understated". Nice work above, thanks for posting, and a lot of other nice work here by the usual suspects (you know who you are). :D

AES

Claymore":3w0xrlow said:
Have to agree with the other guys on here more lovely work and the pebbles are a nice touch.........they would make lovely fishing trophies....see if your local fishing clubs are interested in some........use these beauties as bait and you will soon get a bite (Sorry...just me trying to be witty but as Ruth keeps telling me I am not even a Halfwit lol)

Cheers and keep up the great work
Brian

Aaw Brian, don't talk yourself down.... You're definitely a halfwit :wink: :roll: :D - ducks and runs for cover.

Seriously though, good advice about the fishing clubs, I'm sure they'd love these.

Regards

Phill

Love them both but top one is best.

Here's a couple that didn't get away :wink: 5lb tiger trout and 9lb rainbow

Attachments

• 9 lb rainbow.jpg
    9 lb rainbow.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,826
  • tiger trout.jpg
    tiger trout.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 1,826
Lons":2nytgdc6 said:
Here's a couple that didn't get away :wink: 5lb tiger trout and 9lb rainbow

Wow they almost look real. What wood did you use? :shock:

thanks for all the praise will need to order a bigger bonnet soon i agree about the yanks some of there stuff looks like it was made in a primary school need to think about selling some stuff the house is just about full

digerman":164bzw4u said:
thanks for all the praise will need to order a bigger bonnet soon i agree about the yanks some of there stuff looks like it was made in a primary school need to think about selling some stuff the house is just about full

From what I've seen you shouldn't have too many problems finding buyers. =D>

digerman":1ex8napm said:

Referring back to Brian's comment. I reckon either of these would make far better trophies than some generic old tin cup.

Phill

Back