Wiseman_2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donwatson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I managed to stain the front and back of wiseman 2.
My problem now is 'do I varnish each piece before assembly or varnish after I have the front and back pieces assembled. ??
Any ideas ???

Attachments

• 2_front_back.jpg
    2_front_back.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 709
Looks great Don :cool:,
I personally would glue them together and then use sanding sealer.......fine sand and then wax finish but others might have a different idea
Cheers
Brian
ps Did you get Phill off here to pose for ya project as it looks VERY similar but not so sure about Wise though lol :lol:

Claymore":3b101099 said:
Looks great Don :cool:,
I personally would glue them together and then use sanding sealer.......fine sand and then wax finish but others might have a different idea
Cheers
Brian
ps Did you get Phill off here to pose for ya project as it looks VERY similar but not so sure about Wise though lol :lol:

Nah, he's nothing like wide enough 8)

But to the subject at hand... I'm with Brian, glue them up first and then do the final finishing.

Regards

Phill

Thanks for that. My preference was for gluing together the front and back pieces. Sanding the backs then gluing together. Finish coat of varnish/sanding sealer after checking joins/fit.. Sanding the base and applying a piece of felt.

Back