Where do you buy screws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

Established Member
Reaction score
What online emporium has
- good quality
- competitive pricing
- easy to search/navigate
- not a rip off for postage if I buy a few different things
- a good range

I've spent all my busget on tools and now need some consumables!

Always used screwfix and only buy when the offers are on but this is getting to be a bit of a long wait lately. Been g looking at toolstation and
Been thinking of trying there next time as the prices look better

The turbo gold from screwfix seem good value to me, if you want cheaper then then goldscrews are ok. I used to buy my brass screws from toolstation I haven't bought any n a while so cant really comment. I would like to find a place to buy steel slotted screws that aren't astronomically expensive.

Matt

It's really simple, If you want good quality screws for decent price go to Toolstation
If you prefer to pay 2-4x more but want a screw which comes in a packaging which says that it's a Super Extra Special Turbo Mega Gold Edition screw ,Cough..It's the same Screw.. Cough.. -Go to SCREWfix , The name says it all about their intentions... You must be really desperate to go to that place.

Toolstation for most screws but I like the Turbo coach screws From Screwfix for larger outdoor projects.

screwfix goldscrews. I bought a metal trade box of them when I started out and just replace what I need as and when.

My preference is to use Spax screws - I normally buy from local builders merchants (as I get staff discount through my wife :D ) - However, I have also bought from IronmongeryDirect.

Chris

undergroundhunter":13fp97ly said:
The turbo gold from screwfix seem good value to me, if you want cheaper then then goldscrews are ok. I used to buy my brass screws from toolstation I haven't bought any n a while so cant really comment. I would like to find a place to buy steel slotted screws that aren't astronomically expensive.
Matt
does anyone really use steel slotted anymore?
I wondered if there was a use for the few boxes I have still

Steve

I suppose if you are traditionally renovating a mid range piece of old furniture there may be a need for slotted screws, but other than that I can't see a use for them, horrible things guaranteed to allow the driver to slip and mark your work.

Mike
WTOTSSF

Use stainless steel or brass

Brass are usually only slotted though

GrahamF":2i2seear said:
What about outdoor screws for L & B gates/doors and hardware? Who uses what? I'm fed up with them rusting away in no time.

If you are looking for quality, Reisser have always been the market leaders in the screw sector, and everyone else followed suit. From thread designs to reinforced heads and coatings.

Back