6” Grinder Wheels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyolith

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for 6” bench grinder wheels. There are plenty of cheap ones on ebay (Draper and sivlerline), but I wondered if anyone knows a local British manufacture I could support? Seems like something that might still be made by someone in the UK.

NORTON were for years acknowledged as one of the "Industry Standard" suppliers in the UK

+1 for Abtec. I've never bought grinding wheels from them, but quite often abrasive belts & discs, and their service and prices are good. No idea where their stuff is manufactured though.

AES

Dont use the "S" word. i would be reluctant to stand near a"S" grinding wheel, going on the "quality" of their other products.

sunnybob":3tmtxxxo said:
Dont use the "S" word. i would be reluctant to stand near a"S" grinding wheel, going on the "quality" of their other products.
Silverline? If so I would tend to agree, one of the last grinder wheels I had from them was off centre :shock:

My bench grinder is a 5(ish) year old S*lverl*ne. I think the start cap has died as it will only start reluctantly after some persuasion.....

I also recommend Abtec for the wheels though.

Back