air hacksaw / body saw blade recommendation?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make my own. :) you get 4 out of a normal hacksaw blade (or 2 if you take the ones from the workshop where others have used just the middle bit), I've got a shed load of eclipse blades sat there that I'll only get through 4-5 a year in normally use so it's no hardship.

That'll teach me to not assume - I could have sworn that the saw blades were wider than a "normal" hacksaw blade, but you are correct, they're the same height. Much obliged, I'm off to Screwfix for a pack of Eclipse blades...

excellent, keep it cool while you grind the back :) snap them in the vice for a perfect straight.

you've reminded me I have a job to do for someone with mine so I better get a new blade made.

disco_monkey79":2u78qhyf said:
I'm off to Screwfix for a pack of Eclipse blades...

Get the bi-metallic blades if you can, in my experience the regular lose their teeth in 30 seconds flat

Yep, got some Eclipse bi-metal blades. They fit the saw a treat. The snow last weekend meant I didn't get to play, but I've got my fingers crossed for this weekend.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back