Replacement banjo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommo 62

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Banjo has arrived at last from guy who made me one as the original one was missing when I got this myford from work.
He did great job from my Fag packet drawing and even managed to make an extra support post to take the different size tool rests
I bought on ebay.
So had a play this afternoon trying out all the tools I bought for turning.
nothing special made but as I have not touched wood lathe since I left school in 1972 I was amazed how easy I found it.

tommo

Like riding a bike. But that is the way to go practice until it all comes flooding back. Looking forward to seeing some nice pieces in the future

Nice work on the banjo. Specially like the way you've brought the fixing handle out to the front; much easier to use than the original bristol handle under the bed. Any chance of some pics so we can see how you've done it?

Right had bit more play time today. between fitting security bars on windows and door of workshop.
Time to try a big piece of wood.

tommo
One thing I had given no thought to was the fact that with trainers on the wood chippings and stuff get inside down the side of the tongue covering socks and getting me told off when I walked inside for lunch. so only thing I could do after that was to put me wellies on with trousers over the top. No more sawdust on carpet. will have to get some better shoes :D :D

Dalboy":w7fxuhga said:
I also found a smock prevents bits sticking to my sweatshirt or body warmer

I gotta agree
After a few years of turning, mrs bought me a smock... What !! How much !!

After even a couple of weeks I wouldn’t be without it. The washing pile is now drastically reducing, no more doing a “turners dance” ( shaking the shavings off) before going indoors.
Wouldn’t be without one now

It's not my clothes I have problems with chippings sticking to ..............................................................

DSCN2440.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2440.JPG
    DSCN2440.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 719

Latest posts

Back