Identical planes...to tell them apart easily

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the suggestions folks :D
The nail polish sounds the best
I think I will be getting some odd looks in the chemist, if she doesn't have any ... :|

Its a good start in my dark place
Tom

Tried painting the knob and tote screws, but it didn't look right.
So I tried this, and I think it turned out all right ...

I painted this lever cap first, with a pound shop green acrylic, but I didn't like the colour... so I scuffed it off with a green sponge scourer and applied the nail varnish ....You may be able to see it bled through a bit....
The first time, it took slightly better than applying it on the red ....the bleeding may be because I scuffed it up.

As a side note, removing the cheap pound shop acrylic from the logo really brought out the colour and brightness to the
Stanley lever cap.
I might do this to the other one, if it is not so easy with other methods ...
Has anyone been looking for a the magic solution for this ? ...
It may be the case that its preferred to keep the grime ...
Just thought I'd mention it

Thanks for your suggestions folks, happy to see some other solutions if you feel
I'll see how this goes for now ...I hope it turns out to be the ticket
Tom

Attachments

• SAM_2351.JPG
    SAM_2351.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 871
I'd suggest masking off and painting the ring just below the knobs, so there's a thin band of colour to identify each plane.

The yellow does the job though, if a bit in your face! ;)

Its a light green in real life...
I can't say if its the same colour in the shed though.
I'm guessing the dust will tone it down also.
Agreed, my choice would be possibly be too in your face for under the knob, and or tote..
might be a god idea for British racing green though.

I'm no painter or finisher obviously, but I found it very easy to paint this background by flooding
the whole thing , and wiping the lever cap promptly, once, in a smooth action with some new
(clean and dry, that is DAMHIK) newspaper on a book

Tom

Back