Skelton Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again - The brass is milled with a slitting saw, but for a fuller explanation on the building of the saw take a look at our website.

Thanks

Shane

Nice to see that Shane has found this thread and is giving some clarification. He has kindly offered to provide a saw for a pass around. If there is enough interest I would be happy to organise it. So who would like to try the saw out?

Chris

Mr T":340uppvq said:
Nice to see that Shane has found this thread and is giving some clarification. He has kindly offered to provide a saw for a pass around. If there is enough interest I would be happy to organise it. So who would like to try the saw out?

Chris

Stick me on the list please Chris.

Hi Chris
I have been following this thread with interest and would love to have the chance to try this cracking little saw out. At the moment i am using a LN which i like and get on well with

DSC_0949_zps57cc979d.jpg

Mainly used for making these dovetail templates
DSC_0010_zps7553ff07.jpg

Interested to see how it will compare with a mass produced saw of half the price .
Cheers Bern :D

I've set up a new thread for the Skelton saw pass around. I'm looking forward to trying out the saw again myself and reading everyone's comments.

Chris

Well now....three years on almost to the day and a 10 month waiting list.

Seems there are some out there who recognise English hand crafted saws when they see them.

Congratulations Shane and Jaq....well deserved!

Now...about Mallard No.6

Welcome back Jimmy! I’ve had a play with the saws Shane brought to Richard’s does these past couple of years. Awesome I must say and great to see a British firm setting the standard in this field again. Is this a flying visit from you or are you planning on hanging around for a bit?

Agreed, it is wonderful to see Shane and Jaq achieving such success with their exceptional saws.

The existence of this level of hand craftsmanship is something that we can all draw a little pride and encouragement from.

Back of the queue please Mr H.

:D

Latest posts

Back