• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Adze for sale (SOLD)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchips2

Established Member
Reaction score
Shipwright or chair-makers adze for sale imported from Australia and made by Cyclone Forge. Blade is 4 inches wide. Complete with 33 inches handle.

Collect from Newton Abbot for £30 (free cup of tea and biscuit) or courier for around £6 unless you live in those out of the way places the couriers charge an arm and a leg to venture to.

Adze1.jpg

Adze 2.jpg

Regards Keith

Attachments

• Adze1.jpg
    Adze1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,389
  • Adze 2.jpg
    Adze 2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,389
Nice adze and a great price.
Tricky tool to use well but once you get in the swing nothing removes wood faster.
Some of the old boys cut up tyres and used them as shin pads!
If I didn't have a couple already I would have this one, good luck with the sale.

I was lucky enough to meet a shipwright from Liverpool docks who had worked very early last century using an adze. He said that his training was to lift the toe of his leading boot so that a skidded cut ended up under the boot sole. He still had all toes etc.
At the time I met him, in a place called Mankinholes would you believe, he was making viols and shaping the inside of the top or soundboard, and back, with the adze. He claimed an accuracy of 1/16", 1.6 mm, impressive indeed.
xy

Back