Clamp storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weaversdad

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any good ideas/ methods for storing clamps ?.
Preferably wall hung not a floor standing rack. I've done a search of the site but didn't find much.

Much appreciated,
Pete

I use a simple system of a board with a bunch of vertical slots in it, supported by a French cleat. Make it nice and easy to adjust / expand as required

b47c2788ff5b9ce9379cf9295bf8f33f.jpg

Same as Matt, a board with slots/holes in it... albeit on a much smaller scale.

Mine is bolted to the front of a metal cupboard to save wall space.

I'd probably look at a simple 'towel rail' style method, at least to start with. Anything the tops can hook over and hang from.

In my extremely small and cluttered shed, I simply clamp them to the central roof joist(if that's the right term), so they sit horizontally just above my head. My shed is so small that I can generally reach out and grab one of the single-handed Irwin quick clamps when I need it.

This is my effort
eea2b9b74cfdf3cf87e10d75ac93cc03.jpg

Angle iron bolted to the wall with bar welded on top.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think there's a couple of key factors that influence what storage solution is best for you:

1. What sort of clamps are you storing? Thin bar clamps, pipes or aluminum rectangular sections? This will influence whether you can use slots or you need to use brackets
2. Do you have more space in your shop across a wall or coming out from a wall? This will influence whether you house them in a row across a wall or stack them coming out from the wall

MattRoberts":30rmchit said:
I think there's a couple of key factors that influence what storage solution is best for you:

1. What sort of clamps are you storing? Thin bar clamps, pipes or aluminum rectangular sections? This will influence whether you can use slots or you need to use brackets
2. Do you have more space in your shop across a wall or coming out from a wall? This will influence whether you house them in a row across a wall or stack them coming out from the wall

Mixture of all sorts really.......t bar , thin bar, f, g , all the usual sort of stuff.
Wall space I have aplenty !, I'm in the fitting out process after building my new shop ( ill get some pics up when I have a 3 post count)......I have room for either vertical hanging or horizontal stacking, just not sure which way to go......

Pete

I figured "they're clamps, they clamp onto things", so I just stick some cheap woodies pine strips (about 50mm by 20mm) to the wall edge on with screws and clamped the clamps to them.

IMG_1436a.jpg

IMG_1437a.jpg

Works okay. If I had more room I'd probably stack them a bit more but there's a short table going there soon.

MarkDennehy":3rtjowfe said:
I figured "they're clamps, they clamp onto things", so I just stick some cheap woodies pine strips (about 50mm by 20mm) to the wall edge on with screws and clamped the clamps to them.

IMG_1436a.jpg

IMG_1437a.jpg

Works okay. If I had more room I'd probably stack them a bit more but there's a short table going there soon.

Simple enough and works well.......might just go with that idea.
What's the beat up barrel?.....home made dust collection?

Pete

Yup, pressure buckles it if you jam the intake by hoovering up dust an accidentally letting it grab a flat surface for any length of time. Still works fine though.

MarkDennehy":3djz8udy said:
Yup, pressure buckles it if you jam the intake by hoovering up dust an accidentally letting it grab a flat surface for any length of time. Still works fine though.
Mark, you can make a really simple pressure release valve in the lid to stop that from happening
212135d66fec3fe21f5922acda0f14b0.jpg
aead1f072c80e335940120a563ed6ccb.jpg

Huh. Neat trick Matt. What gives the spring return though? I can't make it out from that photo.

One or more of the options in this old article might suit:

n1527bV.jpg

Wxvu1kV.jpg

olDSUzH.jpg

MarkDennehy":18xdo1r7 said:
Huh. Neat trick Matt. What gives the spring return though? I can't make it out from that photo.
You can either attach a spring, or in my case it's manual! You just pull the cable tie to reset. It doesn't trip often enough to warrant an automatic one, in my book

Back