Cheap Hegner (not mine)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
On homeworkshop. It's a Multicut 2 (not 2S) and the price is right, if someone hasn't already snapped it up.
It's nothing to do with me, I noticed it in my RSS feed this morning.

Thanks for posting this Martin as I have never heard of the website before and there is some interesting stuff on there

Cheers
Brian

The saw is back on sale with a new bellows, but the price went up from 87 to 88 quid. :mrgreen: If it wasn't so far away and collection only, I'd have that for a spare.

Claymore":2tagtn8w said:
Thanks for posting this Martin as I have never heard of the website before and there is some interesting stuff on there

Cheers
Brian

I get the RSS feed from there and bought lots of bits over the last 3 or 4 years, and given some stuff away. I'm too stupid to sell it. :D

When my old company moved premises many years ago they went from a old victorian toolmakers with loads of oak floors etc to a modern Cumquats square box building and the bosses told them to throw away all the old machines/tools/benches ect.....they wouldn't let any of the workers take them home, so for 4 weeks we had to watch them fill skips with flypresses/lathes.......loads of VERY heavy vices and enough benches to equip a full toolroom. There was £££££££££££££££££££ of goodies scrapped and they only lasted around 5 years before shutting down after 70yrs enough to make ya cry.
Up here there is no engineers or mills etc maybe some in Glasgow but "proper" toolmakers don't exist which is a shame as the youngsters here will never get the chance to be an apprentice........oh well suppose its the good old days Martin and where will it end.....Dyson making Lathes with purple handles? lol

Ps That Hegners a bargain

Back