Finished building Matthias Wandel's 16" bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great project, turned out excellent! How would you rate your own skill level? Would it be something someone on the intermediate side of novice could tackle?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

That's amazing !!! Congrats on making your own bandsaw machine.
Coley

Brian18741":3ck69h0c said:
Great project, turned out excellent! How would you rate your own skill level? Would it be something someone on the intermediate side of novice could tackle?
I'd say that I'm intermediate on woodwork. But I have been making and fixing stuff for 40 years: cars, motor bikes, electronics, lock and safe tools, ...

And I see I missed an earlier question about how long it took. It's really hard to say as I tend to work really slowly. Typically I do one thing a day. And often there'd be a wait for a shipment, like the NVR switch; or a delay before I could be bothered to go to the hardware shop for some carriage bolts or whatever. The elapsed time was about eight weeks. I reckon I could have done it in two weeks if I'd had everything to hand and worked all day long.

Here it is, painted. I did go with "Axminster" grey.
IMG_2208.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 975
Very well done Sir, it looks really very professional - and the stand with drawers.

=D> =D> =D>

As said somewhere at the start of this thread, you should feel very proud and satisfied, 'cos I bet yours is one of the few plans sold which have ended with a complete, finished, workable tool. Personally I would have preferred the Mathias green, (or even blue or yellow) but that is purely a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for posting, an inspiration.

AES

Bodgers" Motor looks quite new said:
Got mine from eBay for the same reason.. Single-Phase-Electric-Motor-0.75kw-240V-50Hz-4 POLE 15000RPM-FOOT-FLANGE-OPTION-/222179210854 , and no.. not quite got round to building mine yet either :)

Congratulations John, that's a substantial undertaking, so respect for sticking with it to completion.

=D>

That is absolute quality, nice to see someone follow up on Matthias's genius! I do love his youtube channel.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm pretty sure they were metric. I'm away for a couple of weeks and can't check. But there are previews available on Matthias' web site.

Yes I was trying to look at them yesterday but the samples are such a low resolution that I couldn't tell! Thanks for the reply though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back