Chippygeoff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmoorphil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I thought you may be interested to know the sad news that our friend Chippygeoff sadly passed away on September 8th.
I spoke to Geoff on the 1st and he was remaining optimistic about his treatment but struggling with the pain and I then heard nothing more from him, so checked his business page on Facebook this weekend for any activity.
Unfortunately the following message was there:

With sadness, we'd like to share that after a brief battle with stage 4 lung cancer, our father passed away on the 8th September at Prince Phillip Hospital. For those who would like to attend, the funeral will be held in Llanelli crematorium on Wednesday, 20th September at 11:00 with the reception in the Diplomat hotel, Llanelli at 11:45. Matt and Jen

There are some messages on his page for his family so should you wish to add to these here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/Wooden-crafts- ... 140682545/

Geoff was an incredibly helpful person who, I know, helped out many on these forums with his exceptional knowledge and advice. He certainly helped me out enormously when I first started with the scxrollsaw and this was invaluable.
Many of you sent him your best wishes when he announced that he was giving up his hobby due to his illness and I know that you will miss him as much as I will.

God bless you Geoff, you were one of life's true gentlemen.

I was lucky enough to meet Geoff in person. He was a top bloke and he will be missed.

RIP Geoff. x

News that one never likes to hear.
Most of us never meet the people we chat to in various forums but you do feel you know them and it is always sad to hear of their passing.
RIP ChippyGeoff

Yes, really sad news. just like scrimper wrote, I too never met him, but he was a constant source of both general inspiration and specific help no matter how daft my questions.

Sincere condolences to the family (I have no accounts, so can't Facebook/tweet, etc).

AES

redmoorphil":2ok45nhl said:
Hello guys,
I thought you may be interested to know the sad news that our friend Chippygeoff sadly passed away on September 8th.
I spoke to Geoff on the 1st and he was remaining optimistic about his treatment but struggling with the pain and I then heard nothing more from him, so checked his business page on Facebook this weekend for any activity.
Unfortunately the following message was there:

With sadness, we'd like to share that after a brief battle with stage 4 lung cancer, our father passed away on the 8th September at Prince Phillip Hospital. For those who would like to attend, the funeral will be held in Llanelli crematorium on Wednesday, 20th September at 11:00 with the reception in the Diplomat hotel, Llanelli at 11:45. Matt and Jen

There are some messages on his page for his family so should you wish to add to these here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/Wooden-crafts- ... 140682545/

Geoff was an incredibly helpful person who, I know, helped out many on these forums with his exceptional knowledge and advice. He certainly helped me out enormously when I first started with the scxrollsaw and this was invaluable.
Many of you sent him your best wishes when he announced that he was giving up his hobby due to his illness and I know that you will miss him as much as I will.

God bless you Geoff, you were one of life's true gentlemen.

Ive wondered for a while why we hadnt heard from him, I always enjoyed reading his posts about scroll sawing and craft shows, even though its not my area of woodworking interest, I often found myself reading ChippyGeoff's as his enthusiasm and writing style made them thoroughly entertaining to read.

Im very sorry to hear he has passed away.

Very sad to read this, having missed Phil's post due to being away from scrolling, and the forum, for most of this year. I met Geoff a couple of times and swapped emails many times. Great chap, and a great loss. I have a beautiful plaque that he made for Fran and myself after I repaired one of his saws, and it'll remain in pride of place on the sideboard.

Back