Floor protection.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
Our village hall floor 25x50ft has just been polished up and I'm wondering if there is anything in the way of covering which we could put down for events when people are coming and going from outside with muddy shoes - Bonfire night being the next one.
Needs to be large pieces easily rolled out and then rolled back up and stored. Something like Protec but not in 1metre widths. https://www.protection.co.uk/
I've emailed them but somebody on here might have a better idea?

hall.jpg

correx sheeting is your answer we use it all the time on our sites.........doesn't roll up but you can stack it easy enough.

Just search correx

Pete

Weaversdad":210rttu1 said:
correx sheeting is your answer we use it all the time on our sites.........doesn't roll up but you can stack it easy enough.

Just search correx

Pete
Thanks for that Pete. Protec do something similar. Easy to put down but less easy to take up due to sticky tape.
I'm wondering if there's something in just one or two rolls perhaps, which wouldn't need joining with sticky tape.

How about a good big entrance mat? The key words to search for are "barrier mat" - it's what you will see in shops, hotels, offices etc. If it's big enough, shoes should be clean enough by the time people have walked across it. It's also fine for any wheelchair or walking frame users, which I expect will matter in a public hall.

AndyT":14avznfc said:
How about a good big entrance mat? The key words to search for are "barrier mat" - it's what you will see in shops, hotels, offices etc. If it's big enough, shoes should be clean enough by the time people have walked across it. It's also fine for any wheelchair or walking frame users, which I expect will matter in a public hall.
OK thanks searching now!
Have bought 'Promesh' and low tack tape so that's a start. It's one of the cheaper options - we'll see how it goes. Fast delivery - I'd hardly put the phone down!

Hobbycraft do a product quite like Correx, Hobbycraft only do up to an A1 size. They say online purchases only but I bought a couple of sheets at my local store a month or so ago.Would be a lot of sheets and would need that they also also flat so people don't trip over, are quite light so could quite easily be moved out of position.

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/white-a1-fo ... 33710-1000

Back