Z-Poxy resin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
I intended to use Z-Poxy resin for grain filling but when I took my pack out of my workshop cupboard, the resin had crystallized, just like an old jar of honey. The hardener was fine. I put the bottle of resin on top of a radiator, on a low setting, for a couple of days and it is now liquid again. Anybody know if this will still work?

I've got away with warming my packs of Zpoxy epoxy in hot water for some time, if there's a fall off in strength I've not noticed it on the jobs I've used it for, as you are just using it as a filler, as long as a test sample cures in a respectable time I can't see any strength drop off being a problem.

CHJ":21jh6l9m said:
as long as a test sample cures in a respectable time I can't see any strength drop off being a problem.

That's a sensible suggestion. I shall test it first to make sure it cures because I don't relish the thought of scraping uncured resin off my nice new ukulele.

Back