Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope I am doing this correctly, Lons, this is plantagenist asking again for a copy of the K5 instruction manual. Sorry I didn't get back to you but have been ill, and couldn't get on this forum using my old sign in hence the new name.

The K5 Combi Machine is the one with cream legs and body, it needed oiling to loosen parts, but belt is fine and have spares, the spindle morticer is my problem so need the manual to show me how to loosen it off.

Thanks for your advice and help in the past.

Plantagenist

Hi All,
I can see this thread was started many years ago but it still looks fairly active.
15 years ago when I was a professional woodworker (changed job 10years ago) I was offered a used Kity combi machine for next to nothing (£100 I think). I bought it because although it was much too small and dinky at that time it seemed rude not to and I thought that one day in the future it might be useful - and that day has come! I have no manual which isn't too much of a problem but it looks to me as if the thicknesser should be able to run at 2 speeds. The spindle that the belt runs on has 2 distinct diameters and the 'drive pulley(?)' on the thicknesser can be moved to 2 positions so that in theory the belt can be put on either diameter. However, for this to work something would also need to move so that the belt lined up with the different diameters when moved but at present I cannot see how this can be done. I'm not sure what model the machine is despite hours of trawling around the web reading about different models. It sounds like it is most like a K5 but it has written on the green stand 'Bestcombi'. It has one motor which drives all the machines laid out on a hammerite green board: saw; spindle moulder; planer (and slot mortice attachment) and thicknesser.
Any ideas, advice please? Also if anyone could provide me with a PDF manual for a machine that sounds like this one.
Cheers

crocsnsocs":1uh7e9g1 said:
Hi All,
I can see this thread was started many years ago but it still looks fairly active.
15 years ago when I was a professional woodworker (changed job 10years ago) I was offered a used Kity combi machine for next to nothing (£100 I think). I bought it because although it was much too small and dinky at that time it seemed rude not to and I thought that one day in the future it might be useful - and that day has come! I have no manual which isn't too much of a problem but it looks to me as if the thicknesser should be able to run at 2 speeds. The spindle that the belt runs on has 2 distinct diameters and the 'drive pulley(?)' on the thicknesser can be moved to 2 positions so that in theory the belt can be put on either diameter. However, for this to work something would also need to move so that the belt lined up with the different diameters when moved but at present I cannot see how this can be done. I'm not sure what model the machine is despite hours of trawling around the web reading about different models. It sounds like it is most like a K5 but it has written on the green stand 'Bestcombi'. It has one motor which drives all the machines laid out on a hammerite green board: saw; spindle moulder; planer (and slot mortice attachment) and thicknesser.
Any ideas, advice please? Also if anyone could provide me with a PDF manual for a machine that sounds like this one.
Cheers

Yep I can send you the manual for the K5 from my machine which was one of the last to be produced before they rebadged it to a bestcombi. The main changes apart from colour was a change of spindle to 30mm on the moulder and can't remember without checking if the saw spindle changed as well, otherwise pretty much identical.

PM sent with my contact details.

Hello,

I picked up my K5 machine yeasterday. Could anyone send me the manual for this machine?

slo(at)mail(dot)ardalsnett(dot)no

Br

Stig

slaberg":2v87ieat said:
Hello,

I picked up my K5 machine yeasterday. Could anyone send me the manual for this machine?

slo(at)mail(dot)ardalsnett(dot)no

Br

Stig
Just sent it to you Stig, hope it helps.

cheers Bob

Hi i am new to this forum. I have a kity bestcombi 5 which belonged to my father who recently passed away. Could i possibly obtain a copy of the manual please?
Thanks

Robert

Lons":1uwtbw3u said:
donovanporter":1uwtbw3u said:
i have actually just gotten one of these machines, a few of the accessories are missing, full working condition though, i stripped and cleaned it this past weekend.
hi Donovan
I received your email this morning and will send the pdf asap.

Where is RSA are you?

Bob

Ok .. I just got one of these in brand new condition with some parts still in boxes. There is no manual and I really could use one. Also.. I looked online at Probois and see lots of belts. There are 2 right ?? Anyone know the size ??

Hi Bob,

Could you send a copy of the manual to bentate99 at yahoo com please? I'm trying to help my dad get my grandad's Kity up and running again, it's a splayed legs version if I recall correctly. My grandfather made a couple of modifications to it - there were a couple of bits that stuck out at what was my head height, so tennis balls were repurposed to stop either the machine or myself getting damaged!

Cheers,

Ben

pcurtj1974":2nttawvs said:
Ok .. I just got one of these in brand new condition with some parts still in boxes. There is no manual and I really could use one. Also.. I looked online at Probois and see lots of belts. There are 2 right ?? Anyone know the size ??

Just seen this, have been away touring.

Have you managed to get a manual? If not then pm me your email address and I'll send the pdf.

Bob

Lons":3uzy6dbd said:
pcurtj1974":3uzy6dbd said:

Just seen this, have been away touring.

Have you managed to get a manual? If not then pm me your email address and I'll send the pdf.

Bob
Hello,

No I have not. I cant send a PM as I have not had enough "activity".

I'm not sure where to go from here. I really need that manual and any help would be appreciated.

Hi
OK I've sent you a pm with my email address, reply to that and I'll send the files to you
Bob

PS I note you also posted on another thread so obviously not replied to that.

Hi
Like many before me I've also acquired a K5, lot of bits but no idea how to use assemble it or use it. If anyone could supply a copy of the manual or tell me where I could buy a copy I'd be very grateful.
Cheers. Mike

Hi there

i am new to UKWorkshop, and i just inherited a kity k5 combi machine from my dad however i have no manual whatsoever,

is it possible that someone send me the use manual on (carl ciantar 1 @ gmail . com) with no spaces

thank
Carl

Lons":1qq56kfi said:
smiler6303":1qq56kfi said:
Hi Folks, I need your help ! I've just been offered a K5 machine, (sight unseen as yet), but I know nothing about them. Were they a good machine? what should I look out for? what sort of price range?

Any help would be much appreciated,

smiler

Hi

I bought one of these in 1987 just before they changed to a Bestcombi.

It's an excellent little machine as long as you remember it was aimed squarely at the home user.
All you need to check really are the usual bearings and motor. Look carefully at the condition in general and tables especially which will soon tell you how hard a life it's had.

Despite owning independant full size machines, I've kept the K5 and still use it regularly if I need something dome quickly, (my machine shop isn't set up yet and very easy just to pull out the K5).

Check what the machine has with it.

Is it 5 function? ie slot morticer included.
An extension saw table is useful
What tooling is included
All guarding to moulder and fence for saw etc

remember that apart from belts, you won't easily get spares but it's a simple set of independant machines linked to 1 motor so easily repaired.

Note limitation in tooling size and especially the 20mm spindle (I bushed a cutter block down from 30mm though).

specs:
Gen dimentions - 1015 x 555 x 620mm - weight 65kg
Motor - 1100wt (1 hp)
Saw - rise & fall (45d) - blade 200mm - depth of cut 60mm
Planer /thick - w = 149 x d = 100mm 2 knives HSS
Sp Moulder - Spindle 20mm (30 x 3mm slot)
Tool max h = 80mm dia = 100mm spd 5700rpm
slot morticer - Mortice len = 110 d = 90 height adjust = 50mm

I've got all the original docs including assembly, catalogues, accessories and price lists (out of date) as well as a couple of test / reveiw articles from that era so if you need info just pm me.

Hope that helps

I
Hi
This message is probably being added too late but I have a Kity 5 which I am very pleased with. Much of the simple work I have done with has been through trial and error so if it was possible to purchase a copy of 5he instruction booklet I would be very happy to do so. Please let me know
Derek

You don't need to buy it Derek, I'll send you a pm with my email address, respond to that and I'll send you the files
Bob

Latest posts

Back