Router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacms

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have started wood working with your help for almost a year now and I am now at the point where I want to step out of the basic joints and would really appreciate having a router table. Question is which one? My router is a Triton MOF001 which as I understand should be no problem to use on a table. But there are so many options on the marker including making my own that I am feeling a bit lost.

Varying factors I think on choice, what size projects/type you have in mind, funds available for shop bought, and the time to make your own table :?: .

I have the Triton TRA001 mounted in my home made table, there have been a few table builds on the site including my own. I think there is always satisfaction in a project completed with your own effort. If you feel confident go for it (hammer) .

There will be lots of advice on the forum should you need it.

You could try my method.
mark 1 was a 3 ft piece of leftover kitchen worktop bolted to the wall with a kreg plate and the router hanging in the breeze. It soon failed the "looks test".
mark 2 was a better piece of work surface that actually had old under bed drawers in a box, with extraction. The drawers worked (theyre still in the the mark 4 model), but again I was after a bigger better top.
Mark 3 came and went very quickly (least said soonest mended)
The mark 4 is almost a metre square white melamine that doubles up as a lay out and gluing up table.
This one is a keeper. Total cost of all of them less than a hundred quid, over a couple of years.
What I'n saying is, it doesnt matter if you dont get it right first time. So many people overthink things instead of just doing it, and then modifying it, untill you have exactly what you want. Every step is a learning step.

My "workshop" if you want to call it that is a small garage where I lay a 1" plywood board on top of two saw horses. I mainly build cabinets for the house but I am now trying to build a desk and planning to build the frame using hardwood rather than ply. This is one of the reasons for the router table. I need it to be small and something I can pack away so was thinking in some kind of table top I can use on top of the saw horses. I have looked at the kreg plate as they now have a new version with drilling for the Triton but I am worried about not herring completely flat as my joints then to be off a few millimetres.

Latest posts

Back