Cutting guide fence for Axminster mitre saw advice sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jsms-10l ... saw-200329

The above mitre saw is one of the tools I retained from my old workshop and I have never been happy with its cutting accuracy for my tissue boxes.

I would like to add a timber face fence to the existing ally fence on the saw so that it would provide a cutting line which is repeatable, (the existing timber stop does not do the thing for me)

There are no bolt holes in the shop tool, have you ever put any on to the fence and your comments if I should do so, then I could position an MDF mobile fence so that the cutting line is easy to find.
Look forward to your views.

I have a Makita mitre saw with holes in the fence to attach false fences, I guess you need to drill some holes!

Pete

I drilled holes in my mitre saw as it didn't have any, it's well worth doing as it's extremely useful.

You might want to go all out and add a sacraficial table too, like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

Now you have a marker on both sides of the board. More support area. More clamping area. No tearout.

Whats not to like? .. well - you have to remove it when making angled cuts, which is a little annoying. Some work arounds are to have it sliding, like this

maxresdefault.jpg

but I think you lose the accuracy, unless you happen to get it exactly back in the same place.

Back