Pantorouter XL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadhead66

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at making the Pantorouter XL by Matthius Wendel. Are there any UK based makers here please? - It looks like an interesting project, but essentially, would really like to know how useful and or practical, you have found it. Do`nt have room for another "white elephant"
Probably modify the linkages with bearings and 10mm axis rods + table mods (as utube.)
Your experience appreciated.

If you do a search on the forum there are many references to the Pantorouter.

Some time ago this member made one but unfortunately he hasn't been about last few years, you could try PM'ing him as he is still listed as a member and assuming his email address is still active:

pantorouter006.jpg

Pantorouter thread: has-anyone-made-the-pantorouter-t53213.html

The only people I have seen using it are Matthius and Marius Hornberger. Marius has used it a lot in his recent videos, but mostly for Mortise and Tennon joints. From the looks of it, I think its one of those tools that takes a while to setup, as it can be fiddly to get right, but once it is, you can batch out stuff in no time.

transatlantic":1inm26xl said:
The only people I have seen using it are Matthius and Marius Hornberger.
Pretty sure that Frank Howarth has one too, though now he's gone CNC-crazy we probably won't see it again.

pcb1962":30d8mkry said:
transatlantic":30d8mkry said:
The only people I have seen using it are Matthius and Marius Hornberger.
Pretty sure that Frank Howarth has one too, though now he's gone CNC-crazy we probably won't see it again.

Think Frank has the metal version from yer man Kuldeep in Japan (assume it's from him). But, as you say, he's gone all mad on his CNC, Mk 2.

Too bad, CNC is boring as hell stuff. Marius also has the metal version. I am going to build either the pantorouter or the slot mortiser that Matthias has built. I am not sure which one, I keep going back and forth... I think the slot mortiser might not be as fast as the pantorouter, but perhaps more flexible and easier to build.

Back