very small clamps.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I ran over one of these in my chair and wondered why I hadn't thought of it before - the coat hangers usually supplied with new women's clothes that have the two sliding clips. Just wreck the hanger and you have two small clamps - they only open to about 1/2" but are ideal for holding patterns, paper, bits of veneer or anything small.

I have a load of ready made ones here ...

220px-Clothespin-2459e.jpg

Not sure what they're really for, but they work great as tiny clamps.

I recently took the clips from one of those laundry hanger things for your smalls (the frame had broken), bought from a pound store, there must have been about 20 clips.

Not very small clamps but I have found bike inner tubes make excellent clamp. A few wraps around pieces to be clamped together. More wraps gives more pressure and no damage to teh wood being clamped

Hornbeam":1uojcinl said:
Not very small clamps but I have found bike inner tubes make excellent clamp. A few wraps around pieces to be clamped together. More wraps gives more pressure and no damage to teh wood being clamped

If you spiral cut a lorry inner tube, say 1 1/2" wide, you get an enormously long rubber strip, that can be used like this.

Very helpful (sometimes).

BugBear

Latest posts

Back