Kity K5 combi machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I just picked a kitty k5 and have a couple of questions.

Could I have a manual sent to me too - khturnings at gmail com

Plus what is other users opinions of what these should cost as I would like to know if I got a good deal.

Thanks

osmanager":33oowo5m said:
Hi
I just picked a kitty k5 and have a couple of questions.

Could I have a manual sent to me too - khturnings at gmail com

Plus what is other users opinions of what these should cost as I would like to know if I got a good deal.

Thanks

Just sent it, hope it helps
cheers
Bob

Hi,
I happen to have bought one of these as well some few months ago. It was really cheap but as it turned out it was'nt in an all too good condition.
The machine is actually called R5 in the book that came with it, but I'm pretty sure it is an original old type of K5 (it has a 15mm shaft on the table saw)
DSC_0868_1.jpg

I was wondering if I could have a copy of the instruction book as well, for this could really help me a lot in restoring this machine.

Does anybody know how the table saw guard/splitter looks like for this item is completely missing on mine and I do want to replace that.

And yet another question: are the steel rollers on either side of the planer head originally covered in rubber or just plain steel?

thanks in advance!

Ferry

Attachments

• DSC_0868_1.jpg
    DSC_0868_1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 1,294
Can't help with the riving knife. I have the same planer as a stand-alone machine and both rollers are steel - the feed roller is ribbed for grip and the take-up one is smooth

Looks like one of the original type K5s though not sure why it would have been rebranded. I think Kity did put out a number of different ones but thought those were always for markets other than the UK.

Riving knife shouldn't be a problem though I can't get to my machine at the minute as it's packed away. If you start a separate thread asking I'm sure someone here will make you a pattern off theirs so you can make your own. Judging by the 100s of manuals I've sent out their are plenty of K5s out there.

Again, I can't check but pretty sure my K5 has steel rollers.

The "book" you say you have is probably a direct copy of the Kity manual so not sure mine will help however, make a couple more posts to get authority and pm me your email address so I can send you the manual. It's the later model but mostly the same though I do have a pdf of the old K5 brochure as well.

regards
Bob

seeker 84":7rkqj787 said:
Hi,
I happen to have bought one of these as well some few months ago. It was really cheap but as it turned out it was'nt in an all too good condition.

Does anybody know how the table saw guard/splitter looks like for this item is completely missing on mine and I do want to replace that.

Ferry

Hi
This is the same as mine here is a picture of the saw with guard - if I have time tomorrow I will get a better picture and close-up of the fittings

PS - How much did you get yours for - mine was £100

Attachments

• SawGuard.jpg
    SawGuard.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 1,205
Here's a more detailed picture of the guard. enjoy :)

Attachments

• SawGuard1.jpg
    SawGuard1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1,193
  • SawGuard2.jpg
    SawGuard2.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,193
  • SawGuard3.jpg
    SawGuard3.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1,193
Hi Lons,

Just found this forum and to my delight I see you have the manual ( hopefully in english) for this machine. Would you be so kind to sen me a copy?

Many thanks

ins":18cl256s said:
Hi Lons,

Just found this forum and to my delight I see you have the manual ( hopefully in english) for this machine. Would you be so kind to sen me a copy?

Many thanks

No probs, send me a pm with your email address and I'll get it to you. Sent out 3 this week, South Africa, Serbia and Belgium. There must be a hell of a lot of K5s around the world as I've sent out hundreds, either that or pervy collectors of manuals. :wink:

Bob

Wildman":3bwzdipg said:
just sent you the documents, Kity parts, instruction and brochure
good luck.

Great Wildman, saved me the trouble, did you get those from me?

Could someone please send me the user's guide/manual for the Kity K5?

I appreciate it. I've had mine since the late 80's and need to make some adjustments to the jointer.

Wilderman

Wilderman":3vofu7q8 said:
Could someone please send me the user's guide/manual for the Kity K5?

I appreciate it. I've had mine since the late 80's and need to make some adjustments to the jointer.

Wilderman

PM me your email address and I'll send all the relevant info to to
cheers
Bob

Just realised you can't pm yet so have sent one to you.

Wilderman":31spshib said:
I looked for an email but have not seen one yet. Maybe if I post here a few times, I can PM you.

Wilderman

I'll pm you now with my email address, if you reply to that I'll send you the files

Bob

Back