Designs for text and pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powhay

Reaction score
Hi all
Well I am new to scroll sawing and its only been a day and I'm sooo excited to get started...
I brought a saw yesterday but took it back today so I'm on the search for a another any advice would be great ?? I go a titan one but found the hose didn't blow and was soooo hard to fix pinless blades !!

I'm after advice on where I can mess around with doing designs on the computer with pictures and text writing ??
Any advice would be great !! Thank you x
(hammer)

advice on best wood to use also would be great and is this site on facebook?

Hi welcome to the forum.

I cant help with scroll sawing advice unfortunately.

Im not sure if this forum has even heard of facebook :D

Not sure about scroll sawing sites but there are some really good woodworking and turning groups on Facebook.
I'm a member of Woodworkers and Furniture Makers Project Group and you get some fantastic ideas.
Id also try Instagram for ideas.

Whatever you do, make sure you STICK WITH PINLESS or you'll regret it at a later stage when you want to do small/intricate incuts. A good pinless design takes seconds to use but yeah the cheap machines can be a pain in the rear.

An easy-to-use site for lettering is http://online.rapidresizer.com/make-name-patterns.php - you can easily alter the spacing (kern) so that letters touch together.

Back