Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st Solo effort at making a pen.

Rocket Bullet Pen
Wood :- Acacia
Finish :- Burnishing cream followed by 2 coats of friction polish

IMGP0664.JPG
IMGP0665.JPG
IMGP0666.JPG
IMGP0667.JPG
IMGP0668.JPG
IMGP0669.JPG

Shaker style wall clock first project at New workbench used as a training exercise housing joints stub tenons grooves floating panel all done with a chisel stanley 71 record 4/12 and 044 and a handsaw did use a holesaw for clock insert

Attachments

• 20210823_164123.jpg
    20210823_164123.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 45
It's a brass custom made branding iron. I heat it up with a torch then hold it for a few seconds, it's takes a bit of practice. Custom Wood Branding Irons & Leather Stamps UK | Brand Your Crafts Now! | Outpost Workshop
Give him a logo and about £80 and he sends you a brass branding stamp. Adds a professional touch!

Don't want to pull the rug from under this supplier - but about £15 for the engraved stamp from China, in about a week or so - I made my own "iron" from a bit of 8mm studding and an old file handle (but I have subsequently bought an electric iron which gives greater heat consistency - again from China)

That's really nice, Peri.

Have you got any WIP photos, or diagrams showing the construction process? I've read that the squares can be a real pig to keep neatly together.

Cheers

Greg
Not for that one, but I'm making a new project (a games board for a pub) that's very similar, I do have a few for that, I'll post them up soon

20210824_165656.jpg

So when you put the squares together, are they super thin veneers stuck together then stuck to the base, or do they float?

I made up a piece like a Batternburg cake of the walnut and holly. Then cut thin slices, about 1/16th" thick, and they were stuck to the box.

The first itme I tried that method was on a chess baord and when it dried on the 1/4" thick ply to my horror it warped the ply as the glue dried. So I tried it again on the dreaded MDF, once again about 1/4", and it warped again. So it got chucked in to a corner and forgotten. Several years later I was having a bit of a clear out and found the board AND it's now flat!

I made this for my wife's nephew and his partner. They are having their first baby later in the year. It does need one more rub-down and final coat but I just thought I would take the photographs while the sun was out. It's made from reclaimed brand new oak kitchen cabinet doors which were never installed at my friends house and a couple of long pieces I had lying around. An 800x400x50mm mattress is on order.
I followed the plans provided in Woodworking Projects but I understand the same plans have been printed by other magazines too.P1040994.jpgP1040998.jpgP1040999.jpg

Back