Pens, pencils and pain.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaredyCat

Established Member
Reaction score
I've bought a couple of pen kits and a pencil kit from Prokraft. They look rather nice but I keep having issues.

For the pencil kit, aside from next doors cat making off with one of the bushings, I'm 99% there. The fit at the tip is great with a seamless transition. The length is correct, helped by making a little jig to cut them with. The pocket clip however I just can't get it to go on the pencil. It's sized a tiny bit smaller than the bushing,<0.5mm I'd say, but doesn't seem to be that flexible that I could bend it some slip it on and squeeze it and there's nowhere to get any purchase on it to try. Is there some special technique to do this? Seems to me that if I'm resorting to bending, I'm doing something wrong. Additionally if I add finish this is going to make the situation worse by generating scratches. Shouldn't the bushing be the correct size for the clip to just slip on the body?

The other pen kits I have don't work like this, one has no clip and the other is attached via the clicker.

Magically even without the pointy end bushing (cat thief) the last one I made has a lovely, invisible to the touch (err?!) transition to the pencil kit part.

I haven't made that kit but it looks like a pental type clip and should just snap on.

The guy from prokraft used to post on another forum and seemed a nice chap. May be worth giving him a call and asking.

Try putting the pencil in the freezer for half an hour and heat the clip.
I've no idea if this will be successful but it might work.
Paul

ScaredyCat":38ass0mc said:
I've bought a couple of pen kits and a pencil kit from Prokraft. They look rather nice but I keep having issues.

For the pencil kit, aside from next doors cat making off with one of the bushings, I'm 99% there. The fit at the tip is great with a seamless transition. The length is correct, helped by making a little jig to cut them with. The pocket clip however I just can't get it to go on the pencil. It's sized a tiny bit smaller than the bushing,<0.5mm I'd say, but doesn't seem to be that flexible that I could bend it some slip it on and squeeze it and there's nowhere to get any purchase on it to try. Is there some special technique to do this? Seems to me that if I'm resorting to bending, I'm doing something wrong. Additionally if I add finish this is going to make the situation worse by generating scratches. Shouldn't the bushing be the correct size for the clip to just slip on the body?

The other pen kits I have don't work like this, one has no clip and the other is attached via the clicker.
Try using circlip pliers to hold open the clip .... as shown on the video in your link. :)

Latest posts

Back