pegas no 3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
My scrollsaw is up for sale so while it awaits a new home i thought id make a few of theses in the photo below . so my question is should a pegas no 3 and no 5 skip tooth be able to cut a 3/4 in pine i have only made 3 and the blades seams blunt but it could be me as i am learning have i bent the blade or ??

Attachments

• DSCF9718.JPG
    DSCF9718.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 429
Either No. 3 or No. 5 should cut that job, the only difference IMO would be the speed of the cut - No. 3 will be slower. I'm surprised the No. 3 you're using has packed up (blunt) after cutting only 3 off though. Was it new when you started the job? And (sorry, obvious Q) is the tension OK?

The only other thing that springs to mind is that some of those "pine type" softwoods (sorry, I'm not very good at wood species!!!) is resin content, some bits can be very "sticky". Is there any sticky residue on the blade after cutting? If so a wipe off with acetone or turps/white spirit may help recover that blade.

Apart from that I can't think of anything.

HTH

Back