Painting wooden puzzles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiJimi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am working on a project where I need to paint not just the faces of puzzle pieces but the inside and outside edges as well. My problem is that I don't think the pieces will fit back together again. Has anyone else faced this problem? What did you do?

Jimi

I have thought of using the kerf from a larger blade but I don't think I will be able to accurately make some of the intricate turns. Also, as I am using birch ply, the edges are quite dark so I don't think spray painting will cover it - unless I do several coats, which will bring me back to the original problem. I am thinking maybe extra sanding - possibly with a dremel - but I think it would be a bit hit and miss.

Regarding the problem with sharp turns and larger blades, you could get around this by using the dreaded spiral blades. I say dreaded because I really can't get on with them but this is exactly the sort of project that they're made for.

Regards

Phill

Hi Phil

Thanks for the suggestion, but I too hate spiral blades! I have used them on a couple of pieces where the wood was too large for the saw. I may try a slightly larger blade.

Latest posts

Back