Osmo wood finish - know it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Osmo wood finish. I know it's used for flooring, but wonder if it would be suitable for oak kitchen doors?
Does anyone have experience of using it? What's it like? What kind of finish does it give and is it as durable as it sounds?

Many thanks

Hi Aragon,
I’ve used Osmo Polyx Hard Wax Oil on some oak flooring I put in. As I had some left over I also used it on a couple of tables I made from the left of floor boards.

I applies very easily, I used a bunch of foam brushes. It should be put on thinly. The first coat raised the grain a bit, so I gave a light sanding before the second coat. It takes about a day to dry, and the more time given for the first coat to harden the better in my experience. The finish enhanced the oak with darkening it too much.

On both the table and the floor I gave them a further coat of wax polish and a buff up, but I doubt this was really necessary (and as I did the floor on my hands and knees I knew all about the effort for several day afterwards :cry: )

I would certainly recommend the Osmo Polyx Hard Wax Oil. We have trampled on the floor for over a year now and it’s as new. I don’t see why it would not work very well on a door. I haven’t used any of their other products though.

Back