Osmo Raw on Olive Ash?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke66

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Osmo Raw on white or pale coloured woods, but what's it going to look like like on Olive Ash, where the wide centre section of the board is brown? I bought a tin from Ax but I have a feeling I may need to exchange it..... -Rob

woodbloke66":kewan3h4 said:
I've heard good things about Osmo Raw on white or pale coloured woods, but what's it going to look like like on Olive Ash, where the wide centre section of the board is brown? I bought a tin from Ax but I have a feeling I may need to exchange it..... -Rob
I bought a set of Osmo sample sachets from Amazon. You could always buy one of those before you crack open the full can.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

All it really does is not affect the colour as much as regular Osmo or any other oil would, hence why it's ideal for lighter timbers because it doesn't cause as much of a yellow effect.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use it.

Bodgers":38c0hxif said:
woodbloke66":38c0hxif said:

I bought a set of Osmo sample sachets from Amazon. You could always buy one of those before you crack open the full can.

Good idea; a couple of Osmo Raw sachets on a test piece ought to give me a pretty idea of the finish - Rob

My kitchen is/going to be all Ash. I have settled for a coat of Osmo raw with a coat of Osmo original on top. I found two coats of raw can sometimes make it too white.

Back