One for ALF maybe?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow-that is a pretty thing! Dont know what it is myself, but that certainly looks low angle and with that large handle maybe it would be useful for shooting board work. Looks nice though!
cheers
Philly :D

Good lord, that is unusual. Never seen anything like it. The snecked iron alone is a bit of a conversation stopper - you don't usually see blades quite that shape. Yep, it's certainly a low angle infill, but more than that I'm as much in the dark as you, although I'll have a look through the books and see if I can find anything similar. Fascinating handle/clamp arrangement; I wonder how well it works... Thanks for the link.

Cheers, Alf

I've seen a blade like that somewhere before - can't think where just now... Weird looking thing - and the sales pitch implies that it's commercially made, rather than a craftsman's home made effort...

to me, it looks like a mitre plane that someone's built a handle into creating in effect, a low angle panel plane....

then again. I could be out by the proverbial country mile....

mitre plane that someone's built a handle into

No - the body shape is all wrong for a mitre plane.

I'd says it started as a "standard" panel plane, and then had everything except the body remade!

I'd call craftsman made though; the infill makers weren't shy about putting their name on.

BugBear

Back