• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Oak parquet ex Tower of London, 50 blocks, FTAGH

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicMan

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have 50 oak parquet T&G blocks left over from flooring my hall about 15 years ago, which I am now never going to use and need the space. They measure 12" x 2 1/4" x 1/2" and were bought from LASSCO who reclaimed them from the Tower of London! (I have the receipt stating this). They date from about 1850. Obviously this won't floor more than a small lobby, but the wood might come in handy for small boxes etc.

They are in pretty awful condition, the backs having the original pitch that has to be chipped off before use. Plenty of splits and dents. So I don't want anything for them, but can't bring myself to throw them in the tip or burn them. But when cleaned up they look good, see pics, and make a nice talking point. The floor was professionally laid and the layer complained a lot about the work in cleaning the blocks!

Collection only, please,(Warwick) though I'll be driving between Warwick and Leeds and also Oxford within the next month and could meet somewhere on the routes.

sales - 1.jpg

sales - 3.jpg

sales - 2.jpg

Attachments

• sales - 1.jpg
    sales - 1.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 711
  • sales - 3.jpg
    sales - 3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 711
  • sales - 2.jpg
    sales - 2.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 711
Congrats Moony - Be sure to make something cool out of that history, and post pics here!!

Back