O'Donnell Grinding Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new around here and this is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I've just purchased an O'Donnell Grinding Jig for a 6" bench grinder but unfortunately no instructions. I've searched the internet but so far have found little information on how to set it up and use it.

Could any one possibly point me in the right direction to get me started. I've worked out how it works and from this I'm sure I couls get it right by trial and error. But it is always best to read the instructions if you can.

Many Thanks

James

I suggest you contact the Toolpost http://www.toolpost.co.uk/ as they are the distributors for this system now.

It should come with a booklet explaining everything.

I have always found them very helpful.

john

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I've got one of these jigs and I think I've still got the instructions. I'll have a root round when I get back from work and scan/type them in.

Also one of the wood turning sites used to list then though they were waiting for extra stock.

Graham

Jamesc":2wtycve8 said:

I've just purchased an O'Donnell Grinding Jig for a 6" bench grinder
James

James I am quite interested in where you got the O'donnell grinding jig from as they are like gold dust?

Hi Guys Thanks for all your replies so far.

To try and answer you all Graham I would be very grateful if you could copy the manual for me. It would definitely save a lot of trial and error. What do you think of the jig, is it any good?

Bob & John I too had found the Toolpost reference (and some rave reviews in american magazines). I was not too sure if they would have the info still as the page is an old one and is not accessible through their menu system even though Google finds it. I've also found the inventors site and it just has reference to the Toolpost site but the link is dead.

As for where I got it it was from Ebay listed as "O'Donnell Jig and Wheel Dresser for 6" Grinder" and now for the tool gloat bit for £10 buy it know.

Regards

James

PS Bob I think we already know each other, you kindly helped me get by Bantam lathe and then bborrowedmy engine crane last week.

Jamesc":3g1vyhs7 said:
PS Bob I think we already know each other, you kindly helped me get by Bantam lathe and then borrowed my engine crane last week.

Ah! so you are THAT James C!! Small world eh?

You may also come across Matt Moore aka Mooretoolsplease in this asylum. Matt had the power hacksaw as spoils from our raiding party.

Regards

Bob

Hi,

I've read the tutorial on uploading photos so here it goes nothing. Sorry for being so late but work turned into a nightmare (again), makes me wonder why I though I.T. was a good choice.

there's only 8 pages so it was more of a leaflet than a booklet.

Cover

click on image for larger view

Page 1 & 2

Page 3 & 4

Page 5 & 6

Wow Graham, thats absolutely fantastic. I will try to get out into the shed and rig this up. I'll definitely post a pic or two when I do.

With regards jobs I think that any job has it pitfalls. I work from home writing manuals for the building industry. It involves long hours and crazy deadlines followed by months of waiting for my cheques. Still my morning commute involves 14 steps and I can sneak out to the shed in my lunch time.

Once again many many thanks for taking the time to find and copy this information.

Kind Regards

James

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I'd just like to add my thanks to GrahamH for posting these instructions.
I've just acquired a Creusen 8" grinder and O'Donnell jig via ebay for a reasonable cost and now I know how to set it up so I'm happy :)

Back