North Bros Yankee No 1005

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All, I am helping a friend restore an old North Bros "Yankee" No. 1005 drill so far we have been very fortunate tearing the drill down and freeing up the seized screws and parts without damaging them, we have only found a few minor issues with the drill but I am hoping that someone here might be able to help. The drill is missing the automatic kickoff plate and if anyone has looked for one we all know its like pulling teeth to find one so I have come to you for help. I do not expect anyone to really have a spare sitting around on a shelf or in a drawer but there might be other ways you can help. I am able to get a new one cast( yes it wont be an original part) but the drill will be complete. I am looking for accurate measurements and possibly good clear photos/ diagrams

I have a Yankee No.1005. I'm about to go to work (Saturday morning here :cry: ) so can't measure anything until I get home - but a photo would help to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Cheers, Vann.

Sorry for the delay i do not have photos of the exact drill at the moment i will get some and share them but i do have a picture i sourced from the internet which i circled the part that is missing.
Thank you in advance
Vince

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 341
Vann":20fyy6fj said:
...so can't measure anything until I get home...
Well I got home and was knackered - and completely forgot. But I remembered this morning.

1005 sk.jpg
1005 front.jpg
Some of the tabs are at angles, so the measurements shown don't show the true dimensions.

1005 top.jpg
1005 lh.jpg
1005 rh.jpg
1005 45.jpg

I'm assuming you still have the stub of the original, so only have to re-create the top end. Let us know what additional info you need.

Cheers, Vann.

Attachments

• 1005 sk.jpg
    1005 sk.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 1005 front.jpg
    1005 front.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 1005 top.jpg
    1005 top.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 1005 lh.jpg
    1005 lh.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 1005 rh.jpg
    1005 rh.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 1005 45.jpg
    1005 45.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 303
First Off Thank You, Vann We happened to get our hands on a 1003 that has the kick off plate and are now in the process of taking it along with your measurements and increasing the size proportionally. So hopefully soon ( within the next few weeks) we should have something that is similar to the original in design and is functional. Once we have that we will be looking at working on a cast version ( prototype will likely be aluminum or brass) the only way we will get it perfect is if we get our hands on either a mold/ cast of an original which we are hoping happens at some point but we are not counting on it. I was so intrigued by this drill that i happened to see one pop up for sale that is "functional" but missing a few key pieces, so i purchased my own to restore at the same time. I will get some pics up here as soon as i am able thanks again for your help Vince

Back