Nice fence,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having one of these on your router table (for height) and for the table saw must be really cool. Thing is though, I wonder how often you would use it? most of my time is spent sneaking up on a cut, so I'm not sure how these systems would really help or be any quicker for that. But for repeatable cuts, I can definately see the benefit.

At this stage - I'd settle for a nice cast iron table saw with a decent Biesemeyer fence ... maybe one day

transatlantic":3o0b6nt2 said:
Having one of these on your router table (for height) and for the table saw must be really cool. Thing is though, I wonder how often you would use it? most of my time is spent sneaking up on a cut, so I'm not sure how these systems would really help or be any quicker for that. But for repeatable cuts, I can definately see the benefit.

At this stage - I'd settle for a nice cast iron table saw with a decent Biesemeyer fence ... maybe one day

I made similar thing from a raspberry pi and a screw thread. Great fun, but then i like to make stuff.

I found it very useful . If i was making everything on the same machine then I found it practically eliminated the issue of having to sneak up on a cut. However as soon as i needed to mate parts that were not cut on my system i was back to sneaking up. I ended up putting a 'sneak' +/- button on the fence to 'joggle along' a fraction of a mm when pressed.

It was really useful when not cutting all similar components together as repeatably resetting the fence was simple.

In the end it was fun - but really didn't make much difference to my productivity or accuracy (I'm a weekend wood butcherer). But it was great for showin off with and my son and i got a lot out of making it.

Back