New workshop heater

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Now winter is over my landlord has decided to fit a new heater in my workshop #-o

Currently has a big 9kw three phase fan heater which is a bit spendy to run but does heat place up quickly.

He is now fitting a Deville multi fuel heater which supposedly runs on any type of diesel or heating oil.

http://www.ljacksonandco.co.uk/index.ph ... uel-heater

Anybody got any experience or views on them, I have read they are hard to light? Are they suitable for joinery shop and cheap to run?

Thanks in advance, Doug

Hi Doug,
I would just check your insurance that they are OK with naked flame heating. My insurers wouldn't in sure me with a propane heater.

+1 for speaking to insurers to tell them it's there. You have to anyhow.

Guy next to me has a small shop with a multi fuel burning diesel oil and despite similar claims from the manufacturer that it is 'free from odour' but I would seriously question that.

Just my £0.02 and opinion. The one in the link may be fine but worth knowing.

Thanks for the replies.

I did question my landlord about the insurance and he said because it's his property it's his responsibility and he has sorted it. I do believe him because he does things properly and is putting these stoves in a few units which is obviously quite an outlay.

I did wonder about the smell, I guess I will just have to see how it goes, the electric heater is staying in so I don't have to use the oil burner if it doesn't suit me.

Doug

Doug71":30clkfeu said:
Thanks for the replies.

I did question my landlord about the insurance and he said because it's his property it's his responsibility and he has sorted it. I do believe him because he does things properly and is putting these stoves in a few units which is obviously quite an outlay.

I did wonder about the smell, I guess I will just have to see how it goes, the electric heater is staying in so I don't have to use the oil burner if it doesn't suit me.

Doug

His insurance is building only surely, it can't cover contents. Do you not have insurance? I rent and the landlord does building insurance but can't possibly do the contents because he has no idea of the value of the contents. So if it burns down he's fine you aren't

doctor Bob":2wsewan4 said:
Doug71":2wsewan4 said:
Thanks for the replies.

Doug

His insurance is building only surely, it can't cover contents. Do you not have insurance? I rent and the landlord does building insurance but can't possibly do the contents because he has no idea of the value of the contents. So if it burns down he's fine you aren't

Doh, I had never thought of it that way round, was only really thinking about his building burning down and not my stuff #-o

Yes I do have insurance and they know I am in rented premises but they have never seemed concerned or asked any questions about the premises that I can remember.

I shall give them a call tomorrow and an excuse to put my premium up =D>

Doug71":2hk3nndp said:
I shall give them a call tomorrow and an excuse to put my premium up =D>
Call them up to discuss lowering the premium telling them you have shopped around and want to give them an opportunity to keep your business - during which ask them if they have all the details they need to lower this quote slipping in any new purchases and your current environment.

Back